The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plans To Take Out Weapons?

Hyandra

I was just posting real quick to see if anyone knew if DE was planning to take out more weapons like they did with Snipetron, would wanna nab them for collecters purposes and mastery points. :3 Missed the chance to pick up that weapon because I didn't realize it'd be gone. ;-; Thanks in advance! :D

Just think about each weapon and ask "does this weapon make sense in relation to the lore" (which the Snipetron didn't). If "no" is the answer for any weapons, buy the crap outta them. Anyway, I just skimmed over the Market halfway through writing this post and nothing really comes to mind.

As far as I know, the devs have not said anything about removing any weapons any time soon. Since there was such an outrage when Snipetron was removed without notice, they said that they will try to give a forewarning to the community before removing weapons in the future.

Also, the Snipetron may be returning in a future event, Steve stated in the Raptr Q&A earlier this week.

the snipetron is the new corpus sniper from clan dojos it would seem. since thats what it was intended to be except is shot bullets rather then energy they took it out to make it fit back into the game.

So does that mean that DE will be removing. altering the Braton, considering how it's meant to be a Corpus weapon that supposedly fires bullets? Last time I had it, it ejected casing like it ran on cordite propelled projectiles... 

Edited by H3_Cupcake

the snipetron is the new corpus sniper from clan dojos it would seem. since thats what it was intended to be except is shot bullets rather then energy they took it out to make it fit back into the game.

They have nothing in common but the skin, since the Lanka is a electric charge Rifle as far as i know, while the Snipetron is a armor piercing Bolt Action.

Edited by Asum

Thanks for the quick replies guys, but I was also just thinking, it shot bullets right, that is why it didn't fit in the lore? The snipers the Corpus use, what do those shoot, could they not just make them shoot whatever that is? o.O

Thanks for the quick replies guys, but I was also just thinking, it shot bullets right, that is why it didn't fit in the lore? The snipers the Corpus use, what do those shoot, could they not just make them shoot whatever that is? o.O

That is obviously not the real reason they removed the Snipetron from the store. 

My theory is that they did change the particles for the Snipetron to 'fit the lore' (what lore, really), but instead of changing the weapon, they probably came up with the idea of a charge rifle in the process of making that change, saving  to make a new model and simply putting it out as new content. 

As i still have my Snipetron, meanwhile multiple times polarized, the only sad part for me is that i for once absolutely dislike charge rifles, the new rifle is mastery rank 7 which i will probably never go for (why would i grind with weapons i dislike, double negative only works in math) and secondly that my beloved bolt action rifle probably will never see a buff. 

Even tho my Snipetron is fully modded with 3 polaritys it's still very much lackluster and can't keep up with most other weapons in the game (even unpolarized that is). 

Sure, when it shoots it hurts, but with only 5 shots and still nearly 3 seconds reload fully modded, it will never be able to stand next to a Braton on 98 % of the content in Warframe, unless they suddenly release 10 - 20 new maps consisting of open areas as far as the draw distance. 

Besides that, the Vulkar is as bad as it looks (which is obviously a statement consisting of 50 % subjectivity and 50 % math, no need to give me a speech about how anyone likes the looks of the Vulkar over the gorgeous Snipetron). 

All that said, i really don't feel for the self proclaimed collectors, as the sudden interrest in the Snipetron just shows the deeper need of exclusivity to compensate for low self esteem. 

How about looking in the mirror and accepting yourself, instead of buying weapons in video games that may soon no longer be available? :)

Edited by Asum

They removed the snipetron because it was incorrect, it was a Corpus design using Grineer ammunition which made it a hybrid which is not supposed to exist, this is why it is now a collectors item.

Surely making the 'bullet' glow and changing the firing sound to a 'pew' was out of the skill range of the design and sound team. 

Or you know, just claiming the weapon design was only inspired by Corpus and created by the Tenno. Last time i checked Braton and co. didnt broke any lore. Then again, maybe i will have more anomal 'collector' weapons soon.

The awkward situation of this 'incorrect' weapon being still in the game but not surely was the better option. 

Just today i was asked twice by newer players mid mission what weapon I was using, leaving it to me to explain them that they will most likely never able to obtain it and leaving it to them to be disappointed by that discovery. 

Well done.

But i guess that's the curse when a third person CO-OP arena shooter has such a deep lore, the game mechanics have to suffer.

Edited by Asum

what about braton? i downloaded their fansite kit and saw that braton is in corpus weapons folder. do you think they'd modify its looks for "lore"? or does it fit them perfectly? (crafting weapons from other factions)

So does that mean that DE will be removing. altering the Braton, considering how it's meant to be a Corpus weapon that supposedly fires bullets? Last time I had it, it ejected casing like it ran on cordite propelled projectiles... 

I've also wondered about this.  That's definitely Corpus writing on the Bratons.

BP costs only credits. Credits isn't a problem in Warframe.

Stock up on blueprints. Build them up when they extinct.

As far as i know they removed the BP from peoples Inventorys and even ongoing crafting processes of the weapon. 

All that remained was finished weapons.

snipertron was replaced not just removed, Steve said they don't want to have the store filled with hundreds of weapons, so they would replace some from time to time.

So replacing the weapon type which only has one representation in the game seems like a legit reason to you?