Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense And Interception Mission Reward Screen Needs Rework.

Thodor1s

You all know what I am talking about. I am sure it has happened to everyone here.

You enter a mission with random players, they all opt in for 5 more waves. Suddenly one of them drops out. Suddenly 2 of them do the same, but there is no time for you to follow. 

Result: You end up in a high level defense mission, soloing for 5 waves. A guaranteed lost in most cases. Which means your time, and most importantly the resources and possibly blueprints you acquire are completely lost. All that for nothing.

There are SO many ways to fix this.

Here are no less than 5: 

1) Make the host decide for everyone with no timer.
This would suck if you want to leave early, but at least this way people would go knowing how many waves they want to stay beforehand, and would have to communicate on a basic level.

2) Make it so that if a player aborts the mission 30 seconds or less after the rewards screen, he can claims the rewards. 
This would probably be the simplest solution to implement.

3) Make it so if someone is left behind, the mission down-levels CONSIDERABLY.
This happens to a degree. It's clearly not enough.

4) Make it so that if a minority of people choose to stay in a defense or interception mission, another voting window pops up, in which both must affirm that they are going to stay. So should be the case with a single person, obviously.

5) And I know this is crazy... Maybe make Defense, Survival and Interception milestones able to be claimed even if you loose the mission?
That's all we really care about tbh. It sucks so much that these missions, which we're supposed to binge and spend a lot of time on, are not played to their full potential because if you loose, you loose all of your items. How much better would it be if you got to keep all your hard earned items AND then say... You know what, next 5 waves challenge accepted, without worrying about your items up to that point...

And frankly it's not ok that this dumb system and a bunch of other dumb systems are in the game unchanged since update 9. I really appreciate your work DE, but you have to have priorities guys. Did we really need to have a cinematic quest before this?

How about making 2016 the year of polish? 

Edited by Thodor1s