Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips And Tricks For Toggled Ability Builds. Efficiency > Duration!?

(XBOX)YoAlaskaDude

So toggled abilities are affected by both Power Duration and Power Efficiency. We all know that. The question is what build would be the best build for toggled abilities? I've been experimenting with the combination of the two and the answer I found is... well unusual.

We'll use Chroma 4th ability Effigy energy drain as an example (10 energy drain per second).

So let's look at a few mods that affect Effigy: Streamline, Fleeting Expertise and Continuity (all at max rank).

Fleeting Expertise alone will cancel each other out (no positive effect) due to the high efficiency and low duration.

A maxed Streamline reduce the drain from 10 to 7.

Lastly a maxed Continuity reduce the drain from 10 to 7.69.

This is strange since Fleeting Expertise doesn't change the energy cost but Streamline has a more effective cost reduction than Continuity. (Don't ask me the math because I don't even know).

Now we combine Fleeting and Streamline and the energy cost we get is now 2.5 Now we add in our maxed Continuity and our energy drain is... still 2.5. So even with the loss of our duration we still have the highest reduction cost that also caps at 75%. It's a bit bizarre that this whole time we only needed two mods for maximum efficiency.

A maxed Streamline reduce the drain from 10 to 7.

Lastly a maxed Continuity reduce the drain from 10 to 7.69.

This is strange since Fleeting Expertise doesn't change the energy cost but Streamline has a more effective cost reduction than Continuity. (Don't ask me the math because I don't even know).

Since toggled abilities are an Energy per Second ratio, you can think of the Duration as affect the "per Second" portion and the Efficiency directly affecting the "Energy" portion. Naturally, since it's a rate (per second), this means that the duration mods affect the denominator.

To wit:

So maxed Continuity affects duration (denominator) by 30%.

1 / (1 + 0.3) = 1 / 1.3

1 / 1.3 = 0.769

Maxed Streamline affects Efficiency (numerator) by 30%:

(1 - 0.3) / 1 = 0.7

Since toggled abilities are an Energy per Second ratio, you can think of the Duration as affect the "per Second" portion and the Efficiency directly affecting the "Energy" portion. Naturally, since it's a rate (per second), this means that the duration mods affect the denominator.

To wit:

So maxed Continuity affects duration (denominator) by 30%.

1 / (1 + 0.3) = 1 / 1.3

1 / 1.3 = 0.769

Maxed Streamline affects Efficiency (numerator) by 30%:

(1 - 0.3) / 1 = 0.7

Thanks for that. It's kinda embarrassing for me to not know that. +1