The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Dream Main Theme

_Kit_Kat_Cat_

Well, when I was playing the Second Dream quest... And this music started... (The part at ~0:28)

I had 2 thoughts at that moment:
1)Wow, this one is awesome. I like it. (No sarcasm).
2)Waaaaait... I heard it somewhere already... Kinda...
I don't accuse anyone of ripping off stuff, because BOTH of those are good and "There are only 7 musical notes"... But... Come on, guys, it really sounds very very VERY much alike. No?

DE, what the hell?
Edited by LilLilith

Sounds like they are both ripping off Hans Zimmer.  (Or, being younger artists, more likely inspired by).

*shrug* Keith Power did a good song for the quest for Warframe, I like it and kinda leave it at that. Ethereal orchestral music can kinda blur together.

Edited by Gelkor

Well, when I was playing the Second Dream quest... And this music started... (The part at ~0:28)

I had 2 thoughts at that moment:
1)Wow, this one is awesome. I like it. (No sarcasm).
2)Waaaaait... I heard it somewhere already... Kinda...
I don't accuse anyone of ripping off stuff, because BOTH of those are good and "There are only 7 musical notes"... But... Come on, guys, it really sounds very very VERY much alike. No?

DE, what the hell?

Start by saying I love music but I don't know much about how is played/composed and I'm not able to play an instrument (sadly).

I believe it "sounds" similar because the instrument used is the same. It should be some kind of oriental violin and we aren't used to its sound. Therefore listening at two pieces played with that instrument make us believe they sound much alike.

But is like someone who never heard a guitar before saying that all guitar pieces sound similar.

Edited by Demdemeh

To be honest, you won't find a tune that hasn't been played before.

Believe it or not, throughout the history, we've just been repeating the same melodies over and over again.

Pretty much every single rap, pop, rock, rnb, techno, etc... tune can be heard even in the classics from 17-18th century. Not to mention the thousands of years of music production.

The main difference is just the tools we use to produce.

I'm not saying that DE didn't get their inspiration from the music above or from other artists.

But coming up with an original tune is (almost) impossible.