The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Pc Crashing Since U18

Noobistic

Im having an issue where my Pc overheats/crashes wwhile playing WF it doesnt happen while im playing ARK or H1Z1 or Dota 2.

It seems to be related only to WF i did a test :

I ran ARK for 2 hrs no problem on med/high then i ran WF on high (witch was my preffered setting back on U17) and within 20 mins or less the Comp would just turn off/shut down , i thought it was just a one time glitch but it keeps happening every time i try to run WF i have ben runing WF on i think max setting since UP18 and didnt have this problem .

My current build is

Win 7 64bit

AMD FX-8320 8core 3.5 GHz

Ram hyperx kingston 8k

Dx11

GcardSapphire Vapor-X R9 280X

Im not experiencing problems like this with any other game ... is it possible that the processor is overheathing but if so why is it not craching or shutting down while im playing ark .

Ty.

Edited by Noobistic

Well this has been happening for everyone and has been a pain in my arse as well.

I have fixed it through the power for doing random things.

That random thing was changing the wallpaper. I have no idea if it'll fix it for you but might as well try,

Question: Does your desktop icons move on the screen when you play warframe? 

Ex: You put them in a horizontal line on the top right and then when you start playing, they'll move to the middle of the screen without a reason

Try many wall papers to fix it and turn of anisotropic filtering in settings. 

Fps was 244  but i locked it at 60 atm as i got worried it might have something to do with that also turned off Dx10-11 .....dumbed down a lot of my graph settings like turning off  Tesselation, adaptive exposure, Glare, ambient occulsion,shadow quality is on low now ,AA is Low , motion blur is off , bloom ,Dynamic Lighting,Constant weapon trail  basicly everything i thought had anything do do with this problem , running it on 1366x768 VSync is on Auto.

This was done after the comp turned off 3 times...so i cant tell u my previous settings im sorry , but i can set everything on high and wait for it to happen and then post those settings.

Ill freacking set everything on low if i have to just to be able to play but pls i need an answer on this any answer...

Idk what to do realy , im no expert so im sorry if my answers seem stupid .

The icons stay at the same place i alt tab'ed just to check after i saw your post.

Edited by Noobistic

Something I just ran across a short bit ago which could help is enabling vsync in the display settings in the game. It seems to have solved my issues with stuttering/tearing and general horrible in game performance. I have no idea what they screwed up in the latest update but this seems to be part of it as mine has been running awful since the latest update. Turning vsync setting on (from auto) seems to have greatly reduced the issues I was experiencing. 

I've had success doing this with two computers so far (I have 6) one with a 750ti super and the other with a 7850. This has helped the problem on both systems so far. 

Hey its fixed now it seems the FPS was cassign the issues , im runing the game at full high with dx10 and 11 everything but the FPS is lockd at 60 so far so good :D

Thank you so much for the help :3

Edited by Noobistic