The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Pc Freezing In Some Game Modes

ceconk

Hello, im having an issue where my pc freezes when playing warframe and i have to reboot using the button on my pc case.

So far this freeze happened in 2 different ways:

-Screen goes white and i hear a windows warning sound like the one you get in a crash.Trying to bring up task manager, alt-tabbing or Alt-F4ing does nothing and i have to reboot.

-The other one is that the screen goes black and there is a sound loop again nothing to do other than reboot.

I played the game for like 5 hours with no issues and when i was messing around in GeForce Experience i told it to optimize my Warframe graphics settings, which bumped up a notch a few of the options.Then the freezes started to happen.When i went back to default it seemed OK but then i got another freeze on a Defense mission.

Also strangely, each time i tell Steam to verify game cache integrity after a freeze it says files are missing and starts a 7.2 gig download.

Never had a similar problem with any other game until i started to play Warframe.

My Specs:

8GB Gskill 1600MHz RAM

GTX 670 with slight overclock

i5 750 overclocked to 3.6GHz

I ran furmark without issues.GPU usage never goes above 50% in Warframe anyway so i don't think it is the source of the problem.Hell, none of my hardware seems to be faulty since i don't get this issue in any other game.There is one more thing i will try out,i had google chrome with many tabs running in the background as i was playing,gonna try again with no google chrome.In the meantime anybody has a solution for my problem or an idea about what's causing it?

Ran in windowed mode.Happened again but this time it said "graphics driver stopped responding" and i was able to close Warframe.I looked at my MSI Afterburner and at the moment of failure or whatever it is, my MSI Afterburner shows 6964768% power usage.Pretty weird.I also have the latest official driver.

So i did some googling based on this and found out that this was caused by TDR.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/445599-game-crashes-nvidia-display-driver-april-2015/page-10#entry5226058

Gonna try the solutions listed there.

Edited by ceconk