Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Request] Lucerne -- Slow-Firing (Approx 450 Rpm), Hard-Hitting Automatic Rifle

Vaskadar

I don't see how you see the Magpul PDR in there, but... alright.

I did have to sorta take some visual design elements from the Tenno-Designed Latron, but also wanted it to function as a weapon (at least visually) and look generally comfortable to hold (outside of the fairly front-heavy design). The over-the-barrel magazine was borrowed from various other weapons, such as the FR-27 SFR from Deus Ex Human Revolution, and one of my own designs.

Edited by Vaskadar

I've posted something similar to this, although mine is a bit higher damage, closer range. Also, I'm assembling a thread that compiles every high quality weapon suggestion on this forum (that I could find) mind if I use yours?

Here is my "Maul"

"Maul" Battle Rifle, a powerful, automatic weapon that can shred through enemies at close and long range, however, at long range this weapon must be burst fired due to its unmanageable recoil in full auto. (Recoil would be greater than the Grakata, 1.3 to 1.5X)

Base Damage: 35

Base Firing Rate: 7.4

Accuracy: Medium to low, I have no idea what these numbers are supposed to mean (Snipetron has lower accuracy than Grakata?)

Base Magazine Size: 20

Base Ammo Pool: 200

Base Reload Speed: 3.2 s

Base Critical Chance: 3%

Base Critical Damage: 200%

I hate to nitpick, but what you're describing is not a battle rifle.

A battle rifle by definition is just a service rifle that fires a full-powered rifle cartridge. That's the only real requirement to be a battle rifle. They can be select fire and automatic. They are generally longer than assault rifles, but... that's just a generality. So... I hate to be that guy, but... you're incorrect.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Details could be nitpicked forever, but I agree we're missing the AK-47. We need a heavy automatic that can do single shots for good medium-long, but not long-long, range headshots. The devs might not like that though. They nerfed the Gorgon's cone of fire recovery for being able to do sustained fire as well as tap off headshots IIRC.

We have the burston... it isn't full auto so it turns people away, but it actually has decent damage and wicked accuracy. this is mostly the same with the new Hind. so that gap is partly filled

We have the burston... it isn't full auto so it turns people away, but it actually has decent damage and wicked accuracy. this is mostly the same with the new Hind. so that gap is partly filled

That is nothing like the operation that I described.

EDIT--

Just watched the vid for the HIND. - THAT does look like a slow heavy assault rifle. Maybe you're right and the bursts are the dev's way of not letting us tap off semi-auto headshots. Giving each pull of the trigger a minimum cost in time, ammo, and recoil controlled.

I don't like it and I still want my AK-47, but I get it.

Edited by VKhaun

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...