The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix For Razer Comms Users

KimchiKen_Prime

Question

So after the recent two hotfixes, instead of fixing whatever bug that made people unable to play warframe because of the "razer comms overlay not compatible with steam" issue at the launcher which I never had in the first place, it appeared for me AFTER the hotfixes happened. So instead of uninstalling razer synapse/cortex/comms like most people do, here's what I did that fixed the problem:

1. open Razer Comms

2. click the controller icon which opens a list of games

3. look for warframe

4. right-click it, press 'edit game' and uncheck the 'enable overlay' box

5. done

Hope this work for some of you who owns Razer Comms. (take note this only worked for me as a razer comms user, no guarantees it will work for you)

6 answers to this question

to ad on to the OP

I found this works also

For those of you still having issues with warframe and razer comms overlay blocking it

right-click on your task bar (or Ctrl+alt+delete) and go to your task manager

then scroll down until you see the following

LNP2JRf.png

right-click on that and click End Task and you should be able to run/update Warframe through steam once again. Take note that this is a temporary success as it will restart if you completely close and reopen Synapse or restart your OS.

yea but this ends everything razer-related, I believe most people want their razer synapse and cortex running in the background but not the razer comms overlay

it doesnt for me, though i do only run razer synapse, i use it for my headphones, so i guess it will vary for everyone.