The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Attention De:the Biggest Nerf Of U8 Everyone Missed: Orokin Reactors/catalyst Alerts.

xenapan

I'd hesitate to say the potato famine is over with tomrrow's livestream alert considering it isnt even a RANDOM alert  but rather one they put in manually.. the number of days since a RANDOMLY GENERATED potato alert will still continue.

And it will probably be a Forma. Go build your dojos gaiz!

And it will probably be a Forma. Go build your dojos gaiz!

and here I was hoping for a forma... oh well. catalyst is always nice.. can never have enough of those with the number of new weapons out.

Ya know, I'm curious. Where, exactly, has it been stated by DE that the alert system is entirely random probability? Other than on the forums of players that massively assume it's random and not cherry picked by a DE employee all the time I don't think I've seen a statement by DE about it.

In all honesty if it's random then it has some of the most seriously skewed results ever. I see enemy radar on average 1-2 times per day. I've seen a single Vauban chassis in what, 12 days? Rifle Amp comes up 3-5 times a week, Glaive I've seen twice since it came out.

And on that note, what exactly is it that triggers an alert? It doesn't seem to be by hourly or w/e, there've been days where there have been 3-4 mystery alerts and then days where there have 8 or 9. Why is that?

Since when does RNG = equal probability for all the alert rewards? I am thinking that the probability for the rewards are different depending on their rarity, similar in concept like the loot table the data miners found.

Since when does RNG = equal probability for all the alert rewards? I am thinking that the probability for the rewards are different depending on their rarity, similar in concept like the loot table the data miners found.

You are right. it doesnt. the last time someone did a breakdown of the alert %s via the alert forum potatoes were about 8% each. amps/artifacts were closer to 15%. though of course now theres alot more stuff in and that was pre twitter.

oh and day 12 of the randomly generated potato famine.

Edited by xenapan

Day 14 of the randomly generated potato famine. I'm surprised people aren't complaining yet. Full 2 weeks of 0 potatoes that were randomly generated. Even if you count the one from livestream thats still 1 potato per 2 weeks vs 1 per 3 days... and well.. who knows when the next livestream will be?

For the love of ........ I stopped reading these posts on page 3.  Free players complaining they have to wait for a alert to get potatoes.  Next they will complain about grinding.  This is the established model for DE free to play game, if you are not going to buy Platnium then you will have to wait for the random alerts.  Its like a watched tea kettle never boils.  Chill out, follow their facebook or twitter page and go play or do something else if you are unwilling to pay out $5 to get instant gratification.

For the love of ........ I stopped reading these posts on page 3.  Free players complaining they have to wait for a alert to get potatoes.  Next they will complain about grinding.  This is the established model for DE free to play game, if you are not going to buy Platnium then you will have to wait for the random alerts.  Its like a watched tea kettle never boils.  Chill out, follow their facebook or twitter page and go play or do something else if you are unwilling to pay out $5 to get instant gratification.

There ARE NO MORE POTATO ALERTS. thats the POINT. not randomly generated ones. not since U8 came into play. THAT is the issue. at this point its not just a "nerf" its the COMPLETE REMOVAL.

DE was digging themselves into a hole when they decided to continuously add more items into the RNG Alert system. Alerts happen randomly. Random alerts give random rewards. Random x random = random ^2 :P

Also we don't know the exact values to how the alert loot tables are adjusted. The Alert system is now nothing to look forward to anymore. You can just consider it the same value as a login reward.

DE was digging themselves into a hole when they decided to continuously add more items into the RNG Alert system. Alerts happen randomly. Random alerts give random rewards. Random x random = random ^2 :P

Also we don't know the exact values to how the alert loot tables are adjusted. The Alert system is now nothing to look forward to anymore. You can just consider it the same value as a login reward.

This

I wouldn't even be suprised if the chance got somehow broken and we just don't know about it thanks to "it's RNG lol" people. Wouldn't be the first time and it wouldn't be the last either. People were saying it's RNG about keys and Void rewards too.... and we all know how that turned out. Don't just dismiss this topic.

DE is known to screw up often. No need to defend them all the time.

Edited by LocoWithGun

That's a good point. I use to watch the twitter for important alerts (potatos especially), In essence keeping my mind on the game even when I wasn't playing. Now I don't really pay attention. Potatos have either been removed or reduced to such an insignificant chance that there is really no point in paying attention anymore. We commonly go 8, 10, or more hours without a ? alert of any kind (yesterday was a full 24 hours), and when there is one its usually just artifacts.

This

I wouldn't even be suprised if the chance got somehow broken and we just don't know about it thanks to "it's RNG lol" people. Wouldn't be the first time and it wouldn't be the last either. People were saying it's RNG about keys and Void rewards too.... and we all know how that turned out. Don't just dismiss this topic.

Luckily I think the number of these people are on the decline. I think they are starting to realize how ignorant it sounds mindlessly throwing around "RNG is RNG" like a meme. Especially now that the whole loot table business is becoming common knowledge.

Luckily I think the number of these people are on the decline. I think they are starting to realize how ignorant it sounds mindlessly throwing around "RNG is RNG" like a meme. Especially now that the whole loot table business is becoming common knowledge.

At the time this thread was made 'RNG' was a valid response. As it is with most complaints about drop rates. Now however, the chance of this happening randomly is less than 1%, so I tend to agree with OP, although he started worrying far to quickly.

This

This is the whole point of the post.  I want DE to acknowledge the fact that it's been changed/lowered/removed. And if it was unintentional, fix it. Like I said in the first post, I just want them to be open and honest with the changes. I'm fine if they decided to replace reactors/catalysts with forma (now that keys are viable to farm, you can farm 8 forma, and forma your weapon 8 times to get the same effect (roughly) of a potato. I just want them to come out and SAY it so I can prepare accordingly. As much as I dislike the idea of layers and layers of RNG to get a weapon up this way I'd still appreciate an answer.