The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Attention De:the Biggest Nerf Of U8 Everyone Missed: Orokin Reactors/catalyst Alerts.

xenapan

Hell calling it distribution is bad enough.

Well no, if you look at the distribution of spuds per week then it's Poisson, if it's the chance of n number of spuds per m number of trials then it's binomial. The question is whether the mean per week has changed for Poisson distribution, or the chance of a spud in the binomial.

Well no, if you look at the distribution of spuds per week then it's Poisson, if it's the chance of n number of spuds per m number of trials then it's binomial. The question is whether the mean per week has changed for Poisson distribution, or the chance of a spud in the binomial.

eh. Day 15 of the RNG potato famine. Old average: 5 potatoes. New average: 0.  Nuff said. Doesn't matter what model you use to describe it. 0 is ZERO. Nada. nought. null. empty. void.

Yup, this famine sucks. There needs to be a better way (instead of alerts) to get potatoes. I mean formas have the void, potatoes need something, even if it's 0.15% in T3 defenses or something. I'd rather farm for weapons, mods, potatoes, than rely on the alert system for it all. 

eh. Day 15 of the RNG potato famine. Old average: 5 potatoes. New average: 0.  Nuff said. Doesn't matter what model you use to describe it. 0 is ZERO. Nada. nought. null. empty. void.

That's just since the last Forced Catalsyt, the last reactor that popped up was before I even joined. Its something like 38days since that one.

I've had to purchase some catalysts due to the lack of alerts. 

While DE is in fact making money from me, I am becoming very irritated that the only way to acquire said patatoes is by purchasing them.

Throw us one a week at least, so I wont feel bad purchasing them.

Yup, this famine sucks. There needs to be a better way (instead of alerts) to get potatoes. I mean formas have the void, potatoes need something, even if it's 0.15% in T3 defenses or something. I'd rather farm for weapons, mods, potatoes, than rely on the alert system for it all. 

People have been saying this forever, but I don't think DE is going to listen.  I mean.. look at what they did with the Glaive.  There was an uproar about and then they went and did the same thing with Vauban.  If they can continue to strong-arm people into buying plat, they will.  That's the feeling I get from them now, anyway.

To think these Orokin upgrades dropped off the charts after that major update. It's very suspicious and should be looked into. You may think it's random but you don't have access to the tools to see if it's a bug or not so you cannot tell and no one on the team is saying anything.

You cannot deny with all the bugs introduced by that update that one of them might have affected one of the alert rewards, you never know. You can sugarcoat it all you want with this "RNG" excuse but in the end a bug could have caused the disappearance of some rewards and the Formas to never appear just like how that Forma alert was a failure.

You never know, so stop with the "RNG" crap because it's not helping your case, not when said items are scarce and don't appear anymore. How else would the dev team know to fix such issues with everyone blaming the"RNG Gods" constantly.

Just makes no sense. And enough with the numbers, just go with the facts. The catalysts/Reactors seem to be no more.

And after a month goes by with no appearance, you shall come to the same conclusion.

There was a whole bunch right before update 8, then boom.  Nothing.  All these new weapons coming out and no catalyst alerts.  Smells fishy to me. 

And when people say RNG, it's not what you might think.  "Random" is not as simple as one might think.  Each item on a loot table has a certain % of dropping.  There also seems to be a pattern.  Which is why you see several Vauban alerts in a couple days time and then nothing for a month.

Let me explain it like this:

Instead of shuffling a deck of cards and then drawing from a random place in the deck, what seems to be happening is the cards are laid out on a wheel in order. If you've ever seen someone play wheel of fortune or the price is right, the person spinning is going to spin it roughly at the same speed each time.  That's why their spin will be generally in the same area for each spin.  That's why you may have several Vauban parts in a short period of time or even catalyst/reactors.  This is just an analogy on how I think it works.  I could be completely wrong, but it seems more like an algorithm than completely random.

Edited by Soulie

steve got mad at us for exposing the horrible drop rates of defence and void missions

so he took our potato's away.

it's quite simple really

thats why the only random forma alert failed.

he forgot to update the both the twitter and the game. so the game knew to remove the forma that popped up, but the twitter didn't.

we must wait until Steve is appeased by E3 and forgives us for our selfish transgressions.

steve got mad at us for exposing the horrible drop rates of defence and void missions

so he took our potato's away.

it's quite simple really

thats why the only random forma alert failed.

he forgot to update the both the twitter and the game. so the game knew to remove the forma that popped up, but the twitter didn't.

we must wait until Steve is appeased by E3 and forgives us for our selfish transgressions.

That's the biggest load of tripe I've ever seen. In case you didn't notice, the 'famine' started a good while before anybody did datamining for drop rates.

I'm not a 100% sure but i remember reading in update 8 notes that there have been 5 new weapons added to the alerts system.

Now since none of those weapons have showed up yet i dunno if this is true or not.

That would significantly decrease the chance of potatoes dropping although since none of the weapons dropped either it's hard to tell.