Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blink - An Original Warframe Concept.

CoreyAK47

Blink - The Time Warframe

Blink is essentially a time traveller. He is an old friend of Vauban's and a partner of him before they joined the Lotus. Blink developed a way to use worm holes to slip in and out of time. He can also stop time whilst being unaffected.

Abilities - 

Wormhole - 25 energy

This ability creates a wormhole that will send any enemy that walks into it, into a random spot on the map. If there are two wormholes, this will not be random, and the enemy will instead come out of the other wormhole. There cannot be more than 2 wormholes active at a time.

Tempus Salire (Time Jump)  - 50 energy

This ability will age an enemy to near-death instantly. The enemy will not regain shields, health, etc. This will make the enemy slower. When the enemy is finished off, it will turn into a pile of ashes. 

NOTE: This will not work on Assassination targets.

Hyperacceleration - 75 energy

Blink will receive faster movement speed, reload speed, attack speed, charge speed, and shield regeneration rate. This effect lasts for 10 seconds.

Sands of Time - 100 energy

AoE skill which will recover all allies' health and shields. You are not affected by this ability.

NOTE: AoE is small and can only revive 1 enemy per use.

Concept Art:

DAShBbQ.pnghzfW9E4.png?4522

Edited by CoreyAK47

"Wormhole"

Would be really really really faceplantingly frustrating on def missions. Other warframe users would learn to HATE the blink for dragging out each wave by scattering mobs across maps that already have pathfinding issues. This would HAVE to go hand-in-hand with a mob auto-kill feature for def and exterminate missions, or it would just break them.

"Tempus Salire"

50 energy to do what...90% damage to something? Would this include heavy units? Not sure if OP or not. I mean, if it was single target only and didn't do anything to bosses, I'm not sure how much people would use it. 50 energy to...not kill a target? I suppose it would scale well at least.

"Acceleration"

Nobody would use this. Not only is its usefulness reduced by the presence of the "Rush" mod and stamina boosting effects, and not only is it a copy of Volt's speed ability...but costing health would render it worthless. The only people willing to bleed for some speed would be those who had Rejuvination equipped. And even then, Rejuvination doesn't tick fast enough to compensate.

"Tempus Duratus"

...is basically Bastille/Rhino Stomp?

"Wormhole"

Would be really really really faceplantingly frustrating on def missions. Other warframe users would learn to HATE the blink for dragging out each wave by scattering mobs across maps that already have pathfinding issues. This would HAVE to go hand-in-hand with a mob auto-kill feature for def and exterminate missions, or it would just break them.

"Tempus Salire"

50 energy to do what...90% damage to something? Would this include heavy units? Not sure if OP or not. I mean, if it was single target only and didn't do anything to bosses, I'm not sure how much people would use it. 50 energy to...not kill a target? I suppose it would scale well at least.

"Acceleration"

Nobody would use this. Not only is its usefulness reduced by the presence of the "Rush" mod and stamina boosting effects, and not only is it a copy of Volt's speed ability...but costing health would render it worthless. The only people willing to bleed for some speed would be those who had Rejuvination equipped. And even then, Rejuvination doesn't tick fast enough to compensate.

"Tempus Duratus"

...is basically Bastille/Rhino Stomp?

1. I can see the problem with that, and with some tweaking it could work.

2. This is mainly for the big ancients that are annoying or the heavy gunners that piss you off. 

3. Maybe if it increased speed for a time limit and not subtracting health?

4. No, because it will affect the Stalker a little better than other abilities. It's more like a supercharged snow globe that stops all movement instead of slowing them down. This would be extremely useful when in a tight situation, such as being ravaged by ancients in a corner or being lasered to death by Fusion Moa.

I only like the idea of Wormhole I am afraid... Interesting concept that I can see being quite useful/troll.

2. Is basically a DOT, similar to venom.

3. is a nerfed Speed.

4. Rhino stomp?

Sorry, i like wormhole though.

i see it similar to game called singularity where you was able to make enemy go to dust, being able  to make big buble where every enemy in it was stoped and if you shooting in it you would see how bullets travel slowly to target, and making places go riped apart or renewd, being able to yousing powers like in bioshock telekinesis taking explosive barrels and throwing them to enemy, or taking dead body as shield

It's been reworked to be more useful.

Mate you need to rethink them not rework.

Wormhole is fine theoretically.

The single target instakill for 50 power is impractical bearing in mind weapon powers.

The speed, 10x is impracticle to control and basically volts speed.

The ulti is a nerfed rhino stomp, doesnt work in defence???

A time frame has already been proposed I'm afraid, its in the fanframe section I think.

You could focus on the multi-dimensional aspect, playing on wormhole esque powers?

1. Keep wormhole, basically portal gun

2. Phase shift - blinkphases out of the dimension. Sort of like invisibility but you cant do any damage and can walk through solid objects (walls/doors). Take no damage do no damage, good for stealth? Maybe targetable? Like use it on a boss for relief if being hammered, or on cryopod if swarmed or hostage. Not on team mates as too trolly.

3. Rapid regen - frame uses own energy to cause rapid regeneration of team shields (this or energy)

4. Doppleganger - bring in replication of the team from other dimension for certain time. Moving, shooting, power using decoys (no ultis).

Im not sure of power 3, couldn't think of a good one...

What you think? I came up with this on the spot as im procrastinating and I like the wormhole idea, tried to play on it.

2. Phase shift - blinkphases out of the dimension. Sort of like invisibility but you cant do any damage and can walk through solid objects (walls/doors). Take no damage do no damage, good for stealth? Maybe targetable? Like use it on a boss for relief if being hammered, or on cryopod if swarmed or hostage. Not on team mates as too trolly.

This could be nice. Enemies can target your warframe and you receive no damage but on the other hand you cannot attack them.

I'm not so sure about the wormhole though but, here's my opinion:

3) Energizing Motion - 75 energy

Blink will receive faster movement speed, sprinting, reload speed, faster attack rate, charge rate and shield regeneration. All his damage dealt are unaffected by this skill however.

4) Sands of Time - 100 energy

AoE skill which will refill all of your's and ally's health, shield, ammo and restoring energy. If an ally had energy more than the energy at the very beginning of the game, the energy will not be restored.

NOTE: the AoE is very small and at base level, only one fallen ally can be revive instantly.

This could be nice. Enemies can target your warframe and you receive no damage but on the other hand you cannot attack them.

I'm not so sure about the wormhole though but, here's my opinion:

3) Energizing Motion - 75 energy

Blink will receive faster movement speed, sprinting, reload speed, faster attack rate, charge rate and shield regeneration. All his damage dealt are unaffected by this skill however.

4) Sands of Time - 100 energy

AoE skill which will refill all of your's and ally's health, shield, ammo and restoring energy. If an ally had energy more than the energy at the very beginning of the game, the energy will not be restored.

NOTE: the AoE is very small and at base level, only one fallen ally can be revive instantly.

Thanks for the help. I do like your suggestions so I will add them :)

you should take some inspiration from Vex (Darkspore), he was a time manipulator and I loved trolling my enemies with him, just teleport into a crowd (which would freeze them in place) and slice them, then place a time bubble and watch 'em slow down to nothing

I'll just basically post his abilities here for some inspiration for this idea

1) Chrono Blink teleported Vex to his location of choice, freezing and dealing damage to enemies near him (had the potential to kill enemies he teleported to)

2) Time Lapse tagged an enemy which would take some damage, but the charm of it was that any damage dealt to it in the next 10 seconds was re-dealt

3) Time Bubble was, as the name suggests, a bubble of time that slowed down any enemies and bullets inside of it significantly, great ability to use for trolling enemies

I could see Time Lapse and working well with your idea instead of Tempus Salire, not too sure where the others could go, but your 2nd, 3rd and 4th ability need rework, so if you want to see the whole page of Vex for inspiration, here it is:

http://darksporegame.wikia.com/wiki/Vex