The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Freezes And Disconnects Me From Other Players

JeyZet

Question

Hope this is the right section since i dont post much stuff in this forum. (IM SORRY RIGHT?!D:)
Well. I got this problem since.. maybe Tubemen of Regor. Well at least it was more extreme there.

Lets say i dont have any problems if the game is not running completly smooth. BUT sometimes when i play the game freezes. Sure i dont have a big problem with that. But if the freeze is around 10 seconds and when i can move again every player is not moving, like running but not moving a meter. And then i get a host migration and need to play alone, OR that happends most times, i get something like it failed to connect to host (i dont have the right message in my mind sorry!) And get sent back to my ship. This is really annoying for me. Happend one time in the raid.. meh.

Before the Update 18 was released, it happend more rare.. but still. Can anyone help with this problem? 

I tried to turn down the settings a bit. Helped not much. Only that the game runs smoother. 

Thanks if anyone can help me! btw i should meet the minimum requirements

8 answers to this question

A freeze that long would definitely cause a ping timeout and the game would consider you to have disconnected.  So the issue is the freeze.

Desktop or laptop?

What version of Windows?

Do you play windowed, fullscreen, or borderless fullscreen?

Turn on the FPS display in the in-game settings, it's in the bottom-right, what numbers do you tend to get?

Got a desktop one.

Its ehm Windows 7 Home Premium. &4 Bit.

I play fullscreen. I tried windowed. But when i switch to browser or desktop or something.. gave me 2 times a blue screen so i switched back to full screen.

For me its in the bottom left. I usually get around 20 to 31 FPs.Most of the time 28-31. On some tilesets where many effects are there i get 19 -25 or something around that. Same with many many many enemys. (not like the usual amount. Had FPS drops in the sortie today. Ice Tileset+ many drones and mines+ big corpus techs.. ouch)
You need more numbers?

Oh jesus. Before i do anything. Ehm.. What can happen when i get a blue screen?#

EDIT: Well it just took a look into that folder. Theres one file. But its from 2012... Had my 2 blue screens this or last year

EDIT 2: Maybe there are some performance issues from new data from new updates or so? Could this be?

Edited by JeyZet

A bluescreen is Windows halting, stopping suddenly due to some serious issue.  Performance issues alone won't cause a bluescreen, and Warframe can't really BSoD your machine, a BSoD is a sign of a different problem with your machine which we're trying to figure out.

If there's no new things in that folder, Windows might not be set up to actually save dump logs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/315263

"Configure The Dump Type" section, you want to set it to minidump.

Done. I try to get a blue screen in the next 24 hours. If not, maybe the problems overall have decreased.

It could be that i need to run more programmes that i usually run in the background while playing Warframe. Means some RAM is going to these programmes. But first i try Warframe only. Windowed mode and after every mission or sometimes in the mission i will switch to desktop. Just hope my computer wont completely die on me v.v

Oh and thank you so far!

Edited by JeyZet