Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"wait X Days For Your New Toy" Is Going To Cost You Players

Blyr

Also, joke weapons are very popular. Giant eggs and bunny ears don't fit the universe either, they're there for laughs; it was just an idea off the top of my head, not something I'd kill to see implemented.

They're popular within context: ie, TF2 or other cartoon style games. Max's Severed Head or even Killer's Kabuto would look ridiculous in Warframe.

Edited by Zakalwe

>_> You people are amazingly serious. Its kind of scary.

Is it really so impossible to make a joke with-in Warframe's context? I've seen webcomics, and I've wrote funny stories about Warframe without necessarily ruining the image of Warframe. Granted these comics and such were more about gameplay than banana hats.

Let's keep in mind that what he suggested was just an example, and that there are ways to make joke weapons without necessarily ruining the image of Warframe.

There's even humor to be had in what's already here. 

Nyx's Chaos ability.

Loki's Decoy.

...I find it more gross than humorus, but eh...Saryn's Molt?

Maybe as an item you can have Loki's decoy skin change.

Thing appears with sunglasses on and a black suit like James Bond.

Or even have a funny face on it '; P'.

Not something you pay for, obviously, but at the very least an amusing something that isn't outrageously out of place.

It's also partly because of how it was worded. The whole first three paragraphs of Blyr's post don't even hint at anything about the grinding. There is a very subtle, I stress 'very', subtle hinting at that he wants more things to do while he waits. This is the internet, most people don't know about reading between the lines. It doesn't actually state anywhere in the first half of the post that he was talking about adding more grinding until the end, and even then it's worded in such that it doesn't sound like a suggestion and more like whining. No offense to you Blyr.

So it's not so much people aren't reading, that IS part of the reason, but it's also that Blyr could have worded it a bit better. Also the title isn't helping.

=====

As for the main post. Just, no, to hats. I don't care if they're being just used as an example or not but, no. This isn't TF2 and no one wants it to turn into it. I do agree that there should be more helmet designs and skins but those will come in due time.

I do like the achievement stuff, it'd give people something to aim for. Some skins or small things would be pretty awesome to unlock doing that, maybe a slightly grineer styled helm or skin for killing 50,000 grineer. It's a long term goal but it'd give you something to aim for.

This. Also in my defense, it was 6 am and though I did read the whole thing, my brain really just connected with the "This guy doesn't like wait times, and everyone else has already talked about the "hats" suggestion, so I'll just post my general opinion". I literally posted, then collapsed in bed moments after.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Hats for frames (not alternate helmets), unique skins that apply to all primary rifles, with another goal having unique skins that apply to all primary shotguns, or primary bows; something goofy like an ice cream cone for rifles, and a popsicle for shotguns. Goofy things, cool things, just something that people would genuinely want to work towards.

This caught my eye. No, I'm not going to say anything towards the "goofy" stuff since those just said examples.

What I'm going to say is... I would like hot sexy line tattoos on my Saryn....

Edited by LuxComedenti

-snip-

You seriously missed the point, again.

He isn't asking, or hinting that anything be removed or changed.

What he is suggesting, is something get ADDED. Something like a side objectives list you can chip away at while you don't have anything else to do.

Please stop posting. You either genuinely don't understand this concept. Or you are just trolling. Everything you just drooled onto your keyboard in that post is so off the mark it's not even funny.

Edited by Sibris

You seriously missed the point, again.

He isn't asking, or hinting that anything be removed or changed.

What he is suggesting, is something get ADDED. Something like a side objectives list you can chip away at while you don't have anything else to do.

Please stop posting. You either genuinely don't understand this concept. Or you are just trolling. Everything you just drooled onto your keyboard in that post is so off the mark it's not even funny.

... ok, ill give you that he did not say anything about changing the build time (though it is heavily implied, what with all the "you are losing business" talk)

however, if you take time to read my post, its not all about the prospect of changing the build time.

please dont try to call me out for not reading/understanding while not understanding/reading my post.

... ok, ill give you that he did not say anything about changing the build time (though it is heavily implied, what with all the "you are losing business" talk)

however, if you take time to read my post, its not all about the prospect of changing the build time.

please dont try to call me out for not reading/understanding while not understanding/reading my post.

Actually, I did read the entirety of your post. At no point is even close to the topic at hand.

And they ARE loosing business from older players.

You think people that have maxed everything, seen every thing, DONE everything are going to shell out money to buy a couple of new weapons or items every time DE releases something new? No. Why? Because there is no reason to.

"Oh cool, a new weapon, sure looks fun! But oh wait.. I don't have any reason to buy it since all I'll be buying it for is to level."

That's how things are now.

Add something like what we have been discussing, IE the point you keep missing, and this statement becomes the following.

"Oh cool, a new weapon, sure looks fun! I guess I could spend a little cash on this to level while I'm finishing up my Kill X amount of X for a new skin!"

So uh, yes, I will call you out. Because unlike other people commenting, you just don't get what the issue is. You can try and act all intelligent and counter-argumentative all you want, but the reality is, that you just don't understand a word that's been said. You don't understand what Blyr has said, you don't understand what I have been saying, and I don't think you even understand your own words.

Now I'm asking you very politely. Please stop posting. You aren't contributing anything other than grief and misunderstanding.

Edited by Sibris

hmm quite fun to think about... so here goes:

with the example of having achievements and cosmetic items.. I think DE can mix them both...

ex:

10,000 Grineer kills = Grineer Shoulder Pad (?) (may or may not have any effect other than visuals, or it would be better if it had, like 20% reduction from bullet damage)

10,000 Infested kills = Charger Paws (?) (Predator-esque, like the bones they hang around their waists, 20% reduction from light infested)

10,000 Corpus kills = Corpus Helmet (?) (yeah.. weird :P 20% reduction from p3wp3w damage)

or somewhere along the lines.

*numbers included are just for examples.

I believe we should have a reading exam for these, and all forums, in general.

As soon as you register, you have to read a tale by Borges and then explain what it was about.

Failure to do so gets your access from the forums revoked, but I digress.

I would love achievments, of any type really; the last game I played had some sort of achievment system which was a mix of this and the token system.

I will elaborate  :

Say in X map you had a total of 5 achievments to be earned (there were a gorillion maps so there were plenty of them... some of them even in town or general non-dungeon related) Each achievment granted a set ammount of points according to difficulty.

Example : Dungeon 1 

-Kill 100 goblins - 5 pts

-Kill goblin boss 10 times - 5 pts

-Kill 1000 goblins - 20 pts

-Kill gobling boss 100 times - 20 pts

-Find the secret area - 20 pts

Now, here's where the token thing came in, after earning a total of 100 points, you could get one token, which you could exchange for ingame rewards; now those rewards in this game were... not very good, but that does not necessarily need to stay.

You can even remove the token altogheter and base it off of points, and have an "achievment point" store.

Going by the post of another user here, let's take his 3 suggested items which sound pretty good.

-Grineer shoulder pad - 2.000 points

-Charger paws - 2.500 points

-Corpus box head - 1700 points

And so on, could even throw some highly desired (but cheap) plat items such as potatos and formas in there, perhaps even rare mods such as multishots? I dunno point is the system might also help you to actually be able to grind towards certain items *grind* for them, not just gamble your time away like this dastardly RNG system in place forces you to.

Or you can keep it merely cosmetic, it woudn't matter really, so long *something* is offered people are likely to take part in it.

Yeah, this is the kind of thing we were talking about.

I know I'd sit there and kill 10,00 Grineer for shoulder pads. I really would. :D

Pffft. I'd do it for fun, why not for an achievement? I'm with you.

personally i have no issue with the building time.. i play daily and still find the game fun. :))

Not the point.

what an odd mindset people have....why do you need to stop playing while the new shiny item is being crafted.

my mind is thouroughly boggled

Because people can, and they get bored of doing the same thing over and over again.

Taking a break while waiting on a new flavor of the same thing actually makes sense. Consider the fact that a 'new weapon' isn't just a new item. It's a new 'sub-playstyle' as not all weapons work the same way. Just like all Warframes aren't the same and thus require an entirely different understanding to use them. (Usually.)

Why should someone continue to eat the same old thing while a new flavored version of it is being created?

I believe we should have a reading exam for these, and all forums, in general.

^ This. Oh God this.

But on topic.

Thank you for this well thought out post!

It's probably a better idea to keep things purely cosmetic. Because you eliminate the "oh this needs a nerf" and "but this is so underpowered!" arguments. Plus the fact that games that offer cosmetic additions seem to do FAR better then games that don't. Because people want to "pretty" their things. :D

"Hm, 3 days to research the dojo. I literally have nothing else to do, but wait for the dojo. Think I'll go play Path of Exile." I then get hooked into path of exile, and forget about warframe.

So what you are really saying is, when the Dojo is done building you will leave anyway because you are back to having nothing to do.  If all you truly have to do is build a dojo, whats going to make you play once its done?  The wait time isn't the issue here.

So what you are really saying is, when the Dojo is done building you will leave anyway because you are back to having nothing to do.  If all you truly have to do is build a dojo, whats going to make you play once its done?  The wait time isn't the issue here.

This is... valid actually.

I would think wait times are more of a sympthom than the *cause*; but that's why "grind 100 gorillion grineer" system was suggested, it could help threat the issue while a real solution is being worked on.

Of course a real solution would involve applying some mechanics that add a good replay value to the game (something which is not easy without resorting to merely conditioning your subjects  players to keep doing the same thing over and over with absolutely no flavour); however sometimes you need short-term solutions to be able to work in long-term ones without having the issue just slap you in the face repeatdly as you try to work on long term.

Think of the community as a child, your long term goal is getting this child from the school to your house (and you do not own a car, and let's say it's a 30 block walk)

-Your long term goal is having the kid home after school.

However an issue arises in which the kid, as kids are wont to do, won't shut up for a second about wanting to get home right now, since you unfortunately do not posses teleportation technology (hey there super long-term goal) you settle for a short-term solution to aid you in not losing your sanity while working on your long term goal.

You take that kid, you pry open his mouth and throw as many sweets as you can down his gullet (this is how kids work, right?).

Same thing here, you give the playerbase something to entertain themselves for a good period of time while you work on the real mind-blowing mechanics that will make the game great.

The current issue at hand is you are not reading the entire post. Blyr never said he was leaving, he's simply giving DE some well needed feedback on how the wait time deters some players from playing this game simply because it takes too long. So instead of just GIVING items instantly to the players, add some content to keep them busy while waiting for the item to finish cooking.

I for one would like to see some side content implemented that would let the time pass by a bit faster. 

Was there a point you were trying to make there? All I could see was a lot of cussing and well, that's about all I saw.

Obviously whatever point you were trying to make was an important one, to warrant such a passionate, hate fueled rant. So I guess, good luck with whatever it was?

Have a nice day, ya hear~

No seriously. You came in, had a little cry about how other people are treating each other.. with your own wall of vulgar, cuss spewing posts at said people? Really.

I'm being dead serious. Did you really just do that? Not only did you not add anything constructive, but you also managed to somehow attack your own post. Good job. Please leave. Moron.

Will do.   Thank you for proving my point by the way.

Will do.   Thank you for proving my point by the way.

You will have to excuse me, but while I saw your point, and perhaps could even agree on it (there's better ways to present points, and they do not need to be presented in an insulting way), you seem to also not respect your *own* point.

It is nothing more than a case of the pot calling the kettle black from my understanding.

Your point, as I understood it was "You don't have to be a $&*^ about X"

Now, this would be agreeable on, if you did not present your own point in this manner, and not only in this manner, but in a manner that was, arguable, a couple hundred times worse.

Not only that, you also seemed to imply that "Being a $&*^ about X undermines your point", what do you do then? you undermine your own point by being insulting.

Now, this might be some case of meta-message in which you seek to show "see how being a $&*^ undermines your point?", however you will have to accept my apologies for not really believing that was your intention, but more of an un-intended side effect.

Edit : That's not to mention that I personally consider other people (I'm being reiterative, I know) not taking time to thoroughly read and understand your opinion while shoving theirs into the thread; thus, making no effort to read what you took time to type, yet expecting you to take time to read theirs to be a pretty disrespectful move.

Edited by SetAbominae

Now that inconstant, neurologically broken people are out of the way. Seriously, anyone needs to cuss and rage that much (contradictorily I may add) Obviously isn't firing on all cylinders, if you know what I mean.

Thinking some more though.

Its a solid idea, that's really win/win for everyone

Players that WANT something else to do get it

DE Keeps players, thus increasing the chances they will buy something.

And for something VERY simple to implement.

I really, really hope someone from DE sees this. (and can ignore the flaming) It would be a shame if they don't. :(

wait I got my post deleted for calling someone out being a $&*^, but the guy who is now calling me mentally challenged and directly attacking me get a pass?

Hmm.  I guess what they say is true.  As long as you don't specifically name anyone, you can get away with anything.