The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Grakata

Latiac

Question

I'm trying to develope a build for my Prisma Grakata. I really love the feel of the weapon alot so I want to make it more viable out of all my current weapons

I was just levelling the normal Grakata for Mastery (and soon to be TWIN GRAKATAAAA!) and dumped a Critical Delay mod on it, It worked well, Crit chance was OK and it bumped the Firerate down a bit to make the recoil more controllable (and more ammo effecient) while still sustaining a High - Ish firerate.

Is Critical Delay viable on the Prisma Grakata to be more ammo effecient? Would it work just aswell as the standard crit chance mod? Would both be a good choice or should I scrap one for an elemental?

4 answers to this question

The damage you lose in -fire rate from Critical Delay isn't worth the crit chance.

It would be better to use a mutation, or the primed one of you have it. Personally, I don't use either of those.

ppn9EQb.jpg

I just adore the thought of a bullet hose, and my build does quite a bit of damage and armor stripping. I usually go half-mass with the Grakata series (One 90% elemental and one 60%, too much damage, I lose a lot of utility. Too much status, I lose some really good damage) It only takes me a couple seconds to take out a lvl 65 corrupted heavy gunner with this build. I don't care about ammo consumption too much. When I run out of ammo I would switch to another weapon or use restores.

But to be more objective. If you want to use it more consistently and not have to wait for ammo, (either picking it up or waiting for the restore pulses) you could probably take of Shred for a mutation. You may lose some overall dps by removing it, but you can go longer with the mutation. 

Personally, I love shred. It's funny to see a horde of enemies just get blended by this thing.

And I don't know about you, but I can handle myself a little recoil. :P

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

The damage you lose in -fire rate from Critical Delay isn't worth the crit chance.

It would be better to use a mutation, or the primed one of you have it. Personally, I don't use either of those.

ppn9EQb.jpg

I just adore the thought of a bullet hose, and my build does quite a bit of damage and armor stripping. I usually go half-mass with the Grakata series (One 90% elemental and one 60%, too much damage, I lose a lot of utility. Too much status, I lose some really good damage) It only takes me a couple seconds to take out a lvl 65 corrupted heavy gunner with this build. I don't care about ammo consumption too much. When I run out of ammo I would switch to another weapon or use restores.

But to be more objective. If you want to use it more consistently and not have to wait for ammo, (either picking it up or waiting for the restore pulses) you could probably take of Shred for a mutation. You may lose some overall dps by removing it, but you can go longer with the mutation. 

Personally, I love shred. It's funny to see a horde of enemies just get blended by this thing.

And I don't know about you, but I can handle myself a little recoil. :P

Oh so can I, But I see your point, Shred is probably not needed for the Firerate increase and is probably worth the Ammo Mutation I have

Eh, I personally don't use Critical Delay and my Prisma Grakata has good ammo economy and shreds through enemies just fine. Just fire in short bursts, you won't need more than a couple bullets to kill your average level 30-40 enemy. Get up close to avoid missing too many bullets, try not to aim down sights(because the accuracy is horrible and the recoil makes aiming difficult). Ramp up your crit/status chance and keep the fire rate. The more procs and crits per second, the faster you'll kill them. While Critical Delay will boost the crit chance, it will lower the status chance and a bit of the raw dps. When I put Critical Delay on my Prisma Grakata, I found out that I lost about 80% of my damage, though I did see more crits. My fire rate was reduced, so while I had less recoil, I also lost some damage.
But seriously, just slap on a rifle ammo mut mod(3/5 works for me, 6/10 is overkill[why did I even buy the primed one lolz])