The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Katana - Seraphim

Twixcard

There's been a lot of requests for a more traditional Katana, so I'm here to suggest this thing.

swordwip0028red.jpg

lotuskatana2.jpg

pictures by Quickill87

Crafted with the ancient technique once developed by the humanoid race, combined with the new high density materials like rubedo and alloy plate, Seraphim is told to be the toughest and sharpest blade ever made.

Special attributes :
Does not deal double damage to infested, range between regular long swords and heavy swords, 

can hit enemies that are on ground(low AoE that can hit ~3 targets.)

Something additional; When dealing 3 normal strikes, it triggers a real time event to press "x" if finish off an enemy, If the player presses "x", the warframe wielding Seraphim will lunge the katana trough its target. The damage is equal to charge damage but cannot crit.

Edited by Twixcard

I think 250 charge dmg in 1.3s is really open for power creep... makes all other charge-based melee weapon useless in comparison. 1.3s charge weapons are corresponding to stuff in the range of 100 or less charge dmg. and 30% crit would require it to be reduced even further.

Edited by Stupid_Idiot

I think 250 charge dmg in 1.3s is really open for power creep... makes all other charge-based melee weapon useless in comparison. 1.3s charge weapons are corresponding to stuff in the range of 100 or less charge dmg. and 30% crit would require it to be reduced even further.

This

Even wanting a more Kantan-ish wpn this is simply op well the charged crit unmodded is 500 . . well now we mod S#&$

Killing blow => raise 250 to 375

True steel => Raise 30% to 39 (well buff true steel anyway)

Organ shatter => raise you 2x to x2.9 (or x3,8 im not 100% sure i will calculate both)

thats making 1087,5 (1425) with only 1,3 sec chargetime and we can assume that it WILL crit with every third hit . . thats just lawl

Even wanting a more Kantan-ish wpn this is simply op well the charged crit unmodded is 500 . . well now we mod S#&$

Killing blow => raise 250 to 375

True steel => Raise 30% to 39 (well buff true steel anyway)

Organ shatter => raise you 2x to x2.9 (or x3,8 im not 100% sure i will calculate both)

thats making 1087,5 (1425) with only 1,3 sec chargetime and we can assume that it WILL crit with every third hit . . thats just lawl

killing blow maxed will put charge dmg all the way to 625 (+150% so it's 2.5x)

which works out to 1187 uncrit charge damage with maxed sundering strike.  go figure.

killing blow does add additinal 150% on the charge? i thought it would like

250/100+150 but well i see by myself now after checking the mod on the wiki again that would be stupid.

thx you for correctin me :3

/edit

that makes that wpn even more op yay . .

BUT

afaik elemental mods are still calculated from the base charge dmg so Sun.strike only does 225 dmg on its own not 562,5

Edited by Depar

Hmm... I guess the numbers do need more tweaking, but take note that it doe not deal double damage to infested like other melee slashing weapons.

its triple dmg, still lawl . .

Dark sword, one of the best singeltarget swords . .

125 Charge dmg

1.0 chargespeed

5% crit

with killingblow we have 312,5x3 to light infested 937,5

even it does more dmg on the first sight than your sword (625) your's still hit 2-3 enemys what will be 1875 per strike in a infested grp

aside that you sword have simply 6times higher crit chance than the "best" longsword

beside that darksword is a rather a short sword and has not the range of a gram

are you fckin serious with the qte? simply nooooo plz do not want ._.

its triple dmg, still lawl . .

Dark sword, one of the best singeltarget swords . .

125 Charge dmg

1.0 chargespeed

5% crit

with killingblow we have 312,5x3 to light infested 937,5

even it does more dmg on the first sight than your sword (625) your's still hit 2-3 enemys what will be 1875 per strike in a infested grp

aside that you sword have simply 6times higher crit chance than the "best" longsword

beside that darksword is a rather a short sword and has not the range of a gram

are you fckin serious with the qte? simply nooooo plz do not want ._.

Did you notice me changing the numbers yet? :P

PS. cheers for the feedback

Edited by Twixcard