The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Excalibro And Covert Lethality

ZirilanOfTheClaw

Question

Ok, I just got my hands on a Covert Lethality mod, and make a build on my Karyst for it to be used by my Excalibur. I know that "lethal damage" it's "I don't care, I'll kill you"-damage type, but does any bonus finisher damage like from the Radial Finish augment and Finishing Touch contribute in any way to this combo?

Btw, the dagger really cares when it comes to CL mod, or I can use my most shiny and loved one, forgetting damage (still paying attention on atk speed because of finishers)?

Edited by Team_Energy_Restore

7 answers to this question

covert lethality doesn't apply to radial blind finishers, and the faster the dagger, the better (RIP my sheev ;-;)

EDIT: also, covert lethality doesn't apply finisher damage, it instakills on stealth finisher

Edited by Thural

covert lethality doesn't apply to radial blind finishers, and the faster the dagger, the better (RIP my sheev ;-;)

EDIT: also, covert lethality doesn't apply finisher damage, it instakills on stealth finisher

Really? D: the wikia says it work with RB. And I didn't use any damage mod on my Karyst, only atk speed, parry, range and channeling eff, and still one-hitting T4 corrupteds (240 corrosive damage only).

Edited by Team_Energy_Restore

I am positive that the attack speed does not affect the finisher animation, only +/- speed from mods. That said, the added swing damage does favor a faster attacking weapon when not using finishers.

I can't imagine why CL wouldn't work on RB finishers. But I'm not entirely positive it does - I'll run a quick check.

Lethal damage is lethal, there's no benefit from adding more to it. Healing from LS is based on a % of the enemy's max health, rather than the popup # anyways.

Edit: Just 1 shot a lvl 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner Eximus with an otherwise naked dagger, so CL definitely works with RB finishers.

Edited by Darzk

DE just made CL only work on stealth finishers a couple hotfixes ago, and there was massive uproar, although, it might have only removed it working with EB and I'm mistaken, please check for me in simulacrum

You are confused.

At it's initial release, CL added lethal damage to all attacks made when the enemy was unaware of you. This meant that enemies blinded by RB were being one shot by the dagger (and EB's) swings which was unintentional. They fixed it, and now it deals lethal damage only on the finisher attacks, as is intended.

as is intended.

actually, it was intended to to work with all stealth attacks, but DE overnerfed it after the excalibros were exploiting it, instead of just making it not work with EB, they made it next to useless with the dagger finisher's awkwardness