Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion]Warframe/weapon Leveling

Zurion

I think that the current system of leveling/ranking a warframe or weapon is unfair and a bit illogical.

Let's start with the begining.

When you start using a new weapon and you rank it, you gain Mastery Points. But if you rank it to maximum, sell it and later decide to get it again, you have to rank it again whitout gaining Mastery Points. 

This makes me believe that when the rank of a weapon increases, it's not the weapon that gets changed, but it's the Tenno that learns how to use that weapon better. And by doing that, he can equip better and more mods in that weapon.

Seems very logical to me and I really like this system.

But...

Since the weapon doesn't change when we rank it up, why do we have to start with it from rank 0 if we decided to sell it and buy it again? Have we lost our Mastery of the weapon? We forgot how to use a weapon just because we sold it? 

You could say that because we haven't used that weapon in a possibly long time, we forgot how to take advantage of it's full power. But the same could be said about the weapons that you don't sell. As long as you keep your rank 30 Mk1-Braton in the Inventory, you don't forget how to use it even if you don't use it ever again after you reached rank 30 with it.

Now, my suggestions is this: As long as the weapon is modified, don't make us level it all over again if we previously reached a certain rank with it.

If we reach rank 30 with a weapon and decide to use a forma on it, we shouldn't have to go through leveling it all over again at the same rate. Yes, the weapon is different now from what we're used to, but it's the same weapon. I agree that we have to get used to it before using it to it's fullest, but it should take less than leveling a completely new weapon.

And the same applies to warframe/sentinels.

Waiting on your thoughts on this.

That won't work. The account rank depends on massive amounts of leveling in order to get to the higher levels. The simple fact is that if you have mastered all weapons and can't gain any more, your progress stops there. That's it, no more.

That won't work. The account rank depends on massive amounts of leveling in order to get to the higher levels. The simple fact is that if you have mastered all weapons and can't gain any more, your progress stops there. That's it, no more.

My problem was not that we can't gain mastery points after we reach a certain level, but that we have to start at rank 0 with a weapon after previously reached maximum rank.

Mastery: a gauge of the ability of the Tenno to use any weapon to dominate foes.

Rank: the weapon itself adapting as time passes to the user.

The fact that we gain mastery points when a weapon gets a new rank suggests otherwise. 

My problem was not that we can't gain mastery points after we reach a certain level, but that we have to start at rank 0 with a weapon after previously reached maximum rank.

The fact that we gain mastery points when a weapon gets a new rank suggests otherwise. 

Exactly, but if we were able to purchase the weapon again at the same rank we had it previously, say it was at 30 for argument's sake, you wouldn't gain mastery from it. At a certain point, in order to raise your mastery rank you would be forced to level weapons you don't necessarily enjoy using just so you can advance beyond that point.

Exactly, but if we were able to purchase the weapon again at the same rank we had it previously, say it was at 30 for argument's sake, you wouldn't gain mastery from it. At a certain point, in order to raise your mastery rank you would be forced to level weapons you don't necessarily enjoy using just so you can advance beyond that point.

What are you saying? That right now you can gain mastery from weapons you previously leveled to 30 if you buy them again?