The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building A Dojo. Advice? Suggestions?

Sunder

Question

The following is my ideal setup for my future dojo

Was wondering how feasible this is. How difficult/time consuming it's gonna be to set this all up.

Heard in chat that it's gonna take upwards of around 2 months to complete everything.

I'm looking to keep this a Ghost clan so low costs. Currently...just me. But I'm confident I have more than enough resources (save for all the forma)

EDIT : Re-did my plans for the dojo since I forgot the halls have to be built in order.

Shaded area is the "Core-work" of the dojo. The basics in which I'll need to start researching clan-tech and weaponry.

2nd EDIT : One last re-work (Hopefully) to accommodate the height factor of reactors.

3lkekpo.jpg

Edited by Sunder

10 answers to this question

I was once the architect of a tiny clan with barely any active members and what I learned is this:

Keep your options open:

Always plan for expansion (i.e. build rooms on one side but keep the other open for more corridors)

Elevators suck, don't use them if you don't have to (except basement reactors, that idea's good)

Anyway, in the end I just decided to abandon the building and join a big clan.

It's lonely solo.

Why do elevators suck?

As for open options I figured with all the research and interactive stuff on one floor it'd be the "Main area".

I'm a sucker for symmetry and having easy access to what I need/want.

Having a room one sided would bother me to no end...

And of course, the basement would be planned for expansion as needed to add more reactors and such

My advice, as the owner of a single-woman-clan, is that reactors are three rooms tall. One room above and below. If I had known this before building most of my second floor, leaving no room for reactors without a ton more connectors to give them enough room, I wouldn't be renovating over 3/4ths of my dojo right now XD

My advice, as the owner of a single-woman-clan, is that reactors are three rooms tall. One room above and below. If I had known this before building most of my second floor, leaving no room for reactors without a ton more connectors to give them enough room, I wouldn't be renovating over 3/4ths of my dojo right now XD

Jebus...just why? 

So I guess I'd be better off splitting this up into 3 floors with reactors on the bottom and the 2nd just being a hall connecting to the next elevator?

Jebus...just why? 

So I guess I'd be better off splitting this up into 3 floors with reactors on the bottom and the 2nd just being a hall connecting to the next elevator?

I almost agree. However, looking at it's size, it kinda makes sense. Still, yeah, it's a pain.

Doing the reactors two floors down is good for space, but don't put anything you actually want to access down there, at least without a Teleporter. Going down two sets of elevators, especially when you have to wait for them to reach your floor first, is a huge pain.

EDIT; Almost forgot; You have a limited amount of nodes to use. It's a fairly high number, but just know that you can't actually have infinite rooms. I couldn't tell you the limit, but yeah. Be wary.

Edited by KaraOgata

Whoa, this is great info to have, I just finished building the first elevator for the reactor basement, thanks!