The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Way To Make Defense Missions Faster?

Scylax

Question

I'm on probably run 60 of ODD to 20 waves (for C rotation Reaper P. handle) with an accumulated value of > 600 mutagen samples, and repeating the defense missions over and over is getting mortally boring. As expected, the difficulty isn't too much for me -- it's just more time robbery. Is there any way to make the rounds progress faster by making the enemies move faster, spawn faster, and whatnot?

6 answers to this question

Speed Nova.

basically our only option atm until DE realizes that not everyone thinks its fun to just stand/run around the pod for 30-40-60+ mins =/

personally i hate most all of the 'endless' mission types, they're all poorly designed IMHO and i desperately await their 2.0 versions

i would much prefer missions with a faster ramp-up in difficulty and more focused/limited objectives with real failure points, IE defend the pod for 10 mins against an ever increasingly difficult but non-stop wave of enemies [but of course rewards would also have to be restructured in this case]

the alert-style missions are a bit better, ie 15 waves, 4 msgs, etc, at least they have a stop-point

currently i think that excav are the best designed of this style, but even they make no sense, ie why would the enemies rush towards you WITH the very powercells that u require? its just silly, DE should make a terrain object or tile that must be 'raided'  [ie break in and defeat the guards] to gather the cells, then carry them to the extractor location, and it should be scaled [ie only require 4 cells for a full excav, in a 4 man group, but only require 1 cell for solo, since u still have to defend it], additionally the extractor could scale with the enemies lvl or their could be a way to spd it up possibly [maybe a premium gear item found thru a bp or built in the foundry]

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

I like to run a team with a Speed Nova, Vortex Vauban, Ember, and one other random (a Frost or EV Trinity is a decent choice, but definitely go for the Trinity if you have the choice). With that team Nova speeds everything up, Vauban throws vortexes at 2 to 3 points to draw enemies in so that they make a large explosion, and Ember runs around with World on Fire active and causes constant damage and, usually, constant explosions that tend to kill everything in sight. Other players have their preferred styles, but that's the team I use. We tend to get to Wave 40 in about the time it would take a normal team to make it to Wave 20 without a Nova.

I know someone is going to tell me that this team makes no sense or something like that, but that's what we normally run with great success. But I'm open to constructive criticism to improve the speed.

It depends on your style of play, really.

I'm currently running/polarizing, Frost Prime (solo). I throw down my snow globe ability and a Shield Osprey Specter (Cephalon Suda syndicate, Hold Position order, OP BS) on top of the "artifact" or "pod", then just run around clobbering mobs.

If the opponent are Infested, I throw down a SOS (see previous) and clobber them when they come to me. Either way, you're looking at a minute (or less) or two for every 5 waves. When the real nasties start pouring out, your time will vary.

On a side note, I posted on your previous thread about confirming the Reaper Prime handle drop. I posted which missions the BP, blade, and handle drops. This information has been confirmed by the wiki, and by players I've talked to ingame who have already crafted the weapon.

Edited by Agent_Pookie

The fastest way to farm ODD right now is probably a Speed Nova + Equinox + Trin combo. Nova makes enemies run faster and doubles your damage, Equinox walks around with Maim on and Trin replenishes their energy to the best of her ability. Maim's damage is enough to kill Infested before they reach the pod, at least during the first 20 waves.