The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] I Do Not Understand How This Tree Works

Gheert

Question

The main and tertiary beams of the Madurai focus blast get weird damage against all the Ancients and I sometimes seeing it doing this in Void. What ended up killing everything in this quick snapshot was burning a non buffed enemy proc'ing meteorite and then chain meteoriting everything afterwards. I can't list how many times I've used my focus and it did its 60's and 0's the entire duration with me in a worse situation than I was before. For trying to call itself the damage focus, it sure makes the Lato look good.

Sorry for not heavily editing the video and making it go at like 15% speed but I don't have Vegas installed on this rig.

Edit: Actually the more I watch it, the more I don't understand why the damage suddenly ramped up and killed everything. It just out of the blue was like "Oh, oh this is my job - right, right." Edited by Gheert

2 answers to this question

Ancient Healers heal themselves whenever a nearby Infested takes damage, as well as providing all nearby Infested with proc and damage resistances.

Whenever an Ancient Healer is healed, the game displays a blue 0, since there is no indicator for negative damage.

Also, Ancient Disruptors reduce the effectiveness of abilities, but I'm not sure how that would work with Focus abilities.

Ancient Healers heal themselves whenever a nearby Infested takes damage, as well as providing all nearby Infested with proc and damage resistances.

Whenever an Ancient Healer is healed, the game displays a blue 0, since there is no indicator for negative damage.

Also, Ancient Disruptors reduce the effectiveness of abilities, but I'm not sure how that would work with Focus abilities.

^ This. So the reason why at the end everything died is that the enemy(ies) that you were hitting with the side beams ended up finally killing the weaker infested that the ancient was giving DR to- so nothing was healing up the ancient to save it.

Edited by Stratego89