The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Use For My Forma?

sieg15

Question

I'm sure there are a bunch of other topics like this, but I'm having trouble finding one with information pertinent to update 18.

After god knows how long I finally have some weapons worth putting forma on (HUZZAH!)

So far I plan to work on Boltor Prime, Amprex, Synapse, Vaykor Marelok, Synoid Gammacor, maybe Atomos, and possibly 1 forma on weapons like Dragon Nikana, War, and Dual Ichor depending on if I need more space after a maxed stance mod.

My big question is, since I don't have a whole lot of forma to work with ATM, what weapons are worth putting forma on? And which are worth the effort to get?

I know not many players like questions/lists like this, but I just need to find weapons great for missions and void so I can finally make some progress in this game. Thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

I know not many players like questions/lists like this, but I just need to find weapons great for missions and void so I can finally make some progress in this game. Thanks in advance!

Nothing wrong with asking for other players' opinions. Sounds like you're pretty new, so it's good to get some opinions and advice from the vets.

All the weapons you listed are good guns. Boltor Prime and Vaykor Marelok are going to be your absolute end game weapons of those you listed, so those will always be worth forma. The rest are niche weapons, but all excel in their niches. Melee weapons typically don't need more than 1 or 2 formas if you really have to. Ichor's for example don't need one, but in my case, I put one on them so I don't need a stance since quite frankly they're more powerful without one.

Once you finally dip your toes into the void, you'll find that you'll accumulate formas pretty quickly. Most often they drop in T2 and T4 survivals in my experience. Just keep up on the builds since they take 24 hours and you'll eventually be looking for things to forma just as an excuse to use them.

Edit: It's important to note that you should expect primaries and secondaries to need between 4 and 6 formas to be fully optimized. For the weapons you listed, Amprex, Synapse, and Ichors should be critical focused, and the rest elemental builds. Crit builds tend to be on the "cheaper" side since crit mods only cost 9, where elements cost 11.

Edited by -CM-Jaypalm

Edit: It's important to note that you should expect primaries and secondaries to need between 4 and 6 formas to be fully optimized. For the weapons you listed, Amprex, Synapse, and Ichors should be critical focused, and the rest elemental builds. Crit builds tend to be on the "cheaper" side since crit mods only cost 9, where elements cost 11.

Yeah I've been researching a lot of builds and have been watching almost all of the vids by Mogamu and CalypsoGaming to help me get a better grasp on what builds are typically considered best for each weapon. I already have the maxed rare mods like split chamber, barrel diffusion, vital strike, and all the dual stat elemental mods for weps with high status chance.

Hopefully I'll soon have a loadout that will help me survive in T3/T4 void for those formas so I can make more forma builds. Thanks for the tips guys!

Also jaypalm I'm not super new and did acually play a lot in the beta, the grind was just so much back then that I quit for a while and haven't had time to devote to this game until now. I came back from time to time (around patch 14 or so), but I'm definitely glad my friends got me back into this.

WAtch vids like you've been doing, read up on em, make sure they're up to date calypso has been out of the game for awhile now, and find what weapon you like the best and show love to it, sometimes a player can have the "best" weapon and have less fun than the guy who formad his personal fav wep

There will come a time in your warframe playing where ALL frames and weapons will require forma just to fit in your mods:

Case in point:

With a matching polarity aura, Ivara had to be forma'd 3 times just to use the exilus slot, and requires another forma of I want to fit a drain 11 mod in the exilus slot!

My vectis Prime is awaiting forma to use a 4th 90% elemental mod (actually 2 forma, as the slot is blank right now...). I have been formaing all the things that I find fun, and have burned through so many formas this last half year its sick... On the flip side, my my twin wraith vipers are quite nice at 6 forma :P