Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What My Hopes Are For Ut4

Sibernetika

Is that it's not UT3 (although from some of the weapon demo testing I saw my hopes aren't high)must not be so barebones where it comes to a few characters all looking exactly the same where you can just swap out a few armour cosmetics, UT2K3/4 had you loads of choices to pick from, the maps was of great assortment and you had lots and lots to pick from.. The best thing they have done so far with UT4 is make it a community project so chances are there will be download worthy that is also more designer friendly mods in its future.. But all in all what is most wanted is UT99 with the upgrades of UT2K4 without a console feel... And seriously if they do add a story line for single player, make it not affect the rest of the game design as well, keep its doings separate

If I remember correctly if you want mods and stuff and a creator wants to charge for it on the listings then they can, but nothing from epics side

I believe it's similar to our Tennogen. We create stuff, DE are the one and only vendors but we get a cut of the pay.

Hmmm did some reading on the UT servers midway was a major reason why UT3 was bugger up since they forced the games release before it was finished, also it was aimed at consoles and lacked the PC feel, this might be why EPIC is now making the game free so there is no corporate pressure to release half baked goods to cash in on special holidays.. It will now be finished when its finished, also it lacked community, like seriously go check the community stuff that's available for it, doesn't even measure up to any of the other games, thus is now why it's a community project, also a large part of the community will make sure it feels and looks like a PC game again, and not an GoW FPS

Hmmm did some reading on the UT servers midway was a major reason why UT3 was bugger up since they forced the games release before it was finished, also it was aimed at consoles and lacked the PC feel, this might be why EPIC is now making the game free so there is no corporate pressure to release half baked goods to cash in on special holidays.. It will now be finished when its finished, also it lacked community, like seriously go check the community stuff that's available for it, doesn't even measure up to any of the other games, thus is now why it's a community project, also a large part of the community will make sure it feels and looks like a PC game again, and not an GoW FPS

Ah, nice. Community involvement is pretty good for games. One hope for it will be having a good community following once again, and for that community be like warframe's.

Win/win situation for the devs.