The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Sniper Is For Me?

Atomic_Noodles

Question

So with the new sniper rework which one isbthe best for a player who isn't really good at sniping attacks. I have only used the Vulkar and atm leveling the Vectis for mastery and testing if its for me. I wasthunking of going back to the Vulkar since I think with the New Loka Mod it might be pretty great.

6 answers to this question

Rubico is a pure sniper- if you don't really like properly sniping, stay far away from it. Same goes for Lanka considering it has projectiles rather than being hitscan.

Vectis is a great all rounder, and the scope isnt' that powerful making it good for most of the combat in warframe. Vectis Prime vs Vulkar- vectis probably wins in power. As for vulkar, I'm personally not a fan.

Edited by Stratego89

The only sniper worth using for me is Vectis Prime, as it provides enough usability in this incredibly fast-paced game, and even then I prefer a slowing frame to go along with it, like a Slow Nova or Impedance Frost. Rubico and Vulkar have too small a magazine and too slow a reload for my taste. Plus, even post rework scopes are terrible and you can barely see where you're aiming, especially on snow/corpus maps.

Buzlok :)

It is really like a rifle

It is not a sniper rifle and does not benefit from hitstreaks, so pls don't spread false info.

Rubico is kinda similar to Vulkar, both are pretty good for mid-level content

Vectis (P) is considered king of snipers, but Rubico with a proper build and good aim can outdamage it

Lanka is weird one - it fires projectiles, so you need to know how to aim with it, but I really like it, it's definitely a contender for top-tier weaponry

I'm not the most experienced with sniper rifles, but it's worth noting that the Lanka gets a large bonus to critical chance when scoped in.

Other snipers will get bonuses like raw damage and critical damage, but that means that most of them won't be able to come close to a total 100% crit chance with Point Strike (meaning that, at higher levels, there's a large chance that tanky enemies will survive the hit no matter how beautiful or perfect the headshot was).

The Lanka is able to avoid this, for the most part, with the extra crit chance on zoom in. It's not the most convenient of snipers, but it's definitely the most reliable of them all in the hands of a skilled player.

Edited by SortaRandom