Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parent Problems

JohnMarkLee

Hey, you're getting a roof over your head and 3 meals a day, what do you expect?  Your parents to be not detrimental to your social developement?

I just realized din't slaves get a roof over there head and 1 meal a day....not that big of a difference and a S#&$ty excuse.

I agree with MK on this one.

If you think that's all your responsibilities for your kid, please don't breed any, don't even get pets either.

Killing them is terrible, there is no redemption from the action of killing on personal level for your own anger to be quenched. War is different. No one deserves to die(there are exceptions to this rule: Hitler, Stalin etc....)

I will quote my original post for you so that you can see that I was joking. Please never take me seriously on these matters

Hey op, I found a solution to your problem. It's called Zyklon B. Though you could say it's more of a Final Solution.

(Attention, this is a joke. Don't give me a warning point because of this.)

My mom liked to threaten us with being locked in a room and getting bread and orange juice once a day if we didn't do our chores.

Just because they're being parental doesn't mean they get to treat their kid so cruddily. 

Reminds me when I was 5 my mom would lock me in the basement for doing things. 

No I didn't that is an act of war, I should also say its meh-ish if its for the greater good

You said "No one deserves to die (there are exceptions to this rule)" that's a contradiction. It's one or the other, you aren't the little girl from Old El Paso, you don't get to pick both.

No POV justifies murder.

Some don't see it as murder. Everyone has their own POV.

You said "No one deserves to die (there are exceptions to this rule)" that's a contradiction. It's one or the other, you aren't the little girl from Old El Paso, you don't get to pick both.

Some don't see it as murder. Everyone has their own POV.

Oh you are correct. I should of noticed the contradiction. Oh well, Ill restate it. Some people do deserve to die but their life should not be decided by one imperfect entities POV.

Also I don't care what they see it as taking someone's life is an will always be murder. Freedom of speech and POV stops were conflicting with poeples BASIC rights begin.

Well I know full well bad parents and there could be an underlying cause that you might or might not find someday. I grew up in a family that was more like a community than a family, my parents basically hated me and told me I would never amount to **** all until I started proving them wrong by repeatedly outdoing there expectations, reached the age of 17 and moved out, after 6 months of not seeing me or hearing from me once I guess it dawned on them that I didn't need them, I was only there due to my own circumstances (being a kid and all).

After 6 months I came back home to pick up some stuff I left behind because I couldn't fit it in the car during the initial move, I stayed one night then left again not to speak to them for another 6 months. I didn't really have a close relationship with my family during my upbringing however I will say that they did support me financially for my early years, until I could support myself.

Nowadays, with the fact I only ever see them maybe once every 3-6 months and maybe send a text maybe once every couple of weeks they started to respect me knowing full well I could cut them entirely out of my life at any point of time. I do give them the time sometimes, but these kinds of experiences don't just go away with time, while we are better than we were, we will never be a close family.

I feel sad reading all your post about parental problems. So much pain and emotional scars. I don't know much in life being a young adult who still lives with my dad and I'm very fortunate to have a good relationship with my family.

I come from a military and law enforcement family and life ain't a bed of roses. I grew up playing Halo, Rainbow Six, Battlefront with him and my brother, and I think video games kinda helped with our bonding. My grandfather is like R. Lee Emery of mail call/Full Metal Jacket - talks and swears like him.

When I screwed up, I received the belt on my behind. Twice I remember. One was when I nun-chucked my fat bully in junior high and was expelled from school. Another when I almost burned the house down cooking pork chops and took an in-between break playing (maybe) Ninja Gaiden Black. Smelled the burning and went to check, surely enough the pan was on fire, in my panic I tossed it in the sink and turned on the water and the blaze caught the curtains on fire. Grabbed the fire extinguisher and put it out. I was gonna conceal it but He came home from work and saw my handy work. Busted - he went ballistic flailing his arms up and foaming at the mouth. 

I volunteer at an orphanage and my heart just goes out to these kids who for the most part have been abused by their parents and are living from foster parents to another. So much heartache yet so much hope. You/they are all fighters and survivors. I admire that strength in a person. All I can say is make the most of what you have and build your life and find happiness. 

I feel sad reading all your post about parental problems. So much pain and emotional scars. I don't know much in life being a young adult who still lives with my dad and I'm very fortunate to have a good relationship with my family.

I come from a military and law enforcement family and life ain't a bed of roses. I grew up playing Halo, Rainbow Six, Battlefront with him and my brother, and I think video games kinda helped with our bonding. My grandfather is like R. Lee Emery of mail call/Full Metal Jacket - talks and swears like him.

When I screwed up, I received the belt on my behind. Twice I remember. One was when I nun-chucked my fat bully in junior high and was expelled from school. Another when I almost burned the house down cooking pork chops and took an in-between break playing (maybe) Ninja Gaiden Black. Smelled the burning and went to check, surely enough the pan was on fire, in my panic I tossed it in the sink and turned on the water and the blaze caught the curtains on fire. Grabbed the fire extinguisher and put it out. I was gonna conceal it but He came home from work and saw my handy work. Busted - he went ballistic flailing his arms up and foaming at the mouth. 

I volunteer at an orphanage and my heart just goes out to these kids who for the most part have been abused by their parents and are living from foster parents to another. So much heartache yet so much hope. You/they are all fighters and survivors. I admire that strength in a person. All I can say is make the most of what you have and build your life and find happiness. 

How did you get a nunchaku, aren't these illegal? Might only be illegal in Germany though.

How did you get a nunchaku, aren't these illegal? Might only be illegal in Germany though.

As I remember she lived in Philippines before moving to US.

I stole borrowed my brother's nun-chucks. In America, I believe its illegal in New York and California. Illegal really means nothing. Firearms are illegal for criminals to own yet they can get them. Drugs are illegal yet people use them. Its kinda silly, who would rob a seven eleven store with a nun-chucks? Ban firearms - only criminals can have guns.

I stole borrowed my brother's nun-chucks. In America, I believe its illegal in New York and California. Illegal really means nothing. Firearms are illegal for criminals to own yet they can get them. Drugs are illegal yet people use them. Its kinda silly, who would rob a seven eleven store with a nun-chucks? Ban firearms - only criminals can have guns.

While you wouldn't rob a store with a nunchaku, it's still a weapon and should fall under the appropriate weapon laws.

Sure Skycook3y. And maybe also ban cruel and abusive parents. 

As I remember she lived in Philippines before moving to US.

Oh no! I was born in America and never even been in my native country. One of these days I would visit and do nothing but go to the beach and go shopping. I want a pair of wooden slippers...tak tak tik tak takk tak takk takk tak takk. 

This discussion is getting way too serious for me.

Sure Skycook3y. And maybe also ban cruel and abusive parents. 

Well they are banned, kinda. Child abuse is punished with prison. Sure it doesn't prevent it from happening, but it's better than it being legal.

Well they are banned, kinda. Child abuse is punished with prison. Sure it doesn't prevent it from happening, but it's better than it being legal.

The thing is that less than a third of all parental child abuse ever comes to light, which I believe is mostly due to fear of said parents.

And I don't know how well your family and your neighbors get along, but they should also do at least something when seeing a child (idr know how old you are) cry in the parents car....