The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Halp With Frost (Prime) Build Post

(PSN)Cwellann

Question

Yeah, another one of these.  Sorry.  I've spent the last three hours looking around and just can't seem to find a build that fits.  I'm looking at 4 forma I think, so I'd like to get this right on the first try.

So, I've got some restrictions that are making it a bit difficult.  I'd like to alternate between rejuvenation (for easy stuff) and Siphon/CP for harder stuff.  So I'll be depolarizing the aura mod slot.

Second wrench in the spokes.  It's Frost.  I want my Exilus to be Ice Spring.  But, for try hardsy stuff, I'll be putting Handspring there if I can ever get the freaking mod to drop, so I'd like to leave that slot depolarized as well.  Slight mitigation to this - I can live with an 8/10 Ice Spring - the mobility is just shy of Mobilize, the damage is decent, and the fusion core cost wasn't too bad.

I'm trying to build for the following:  Law of Retribution (never done, the one time I went in there the group self destructed arguing about bomb carrying at the second injector), easy stuff (I know, take anything, but get it done fast is the idea here), Triton, and T4D.

So, here are my proposed builds

Build 1:  http://goo.gl/hh5Arl

Redirection and CG can be swapped for SF and IWI at discretion, and of course CP for ES if needed.  This is the best I can come up with for T4D (tested to wave 30 - was working far better than fine until what I want to say was graphics slowdown made me have to extract).  Would this be ok for the raid too?

Build 2:  http://goo.gl/0Gwtiv

This is pretty much focused around ODD to 20, alerts, syndicate missions, whatever screw around daily stuff I'm doing, the idea here being pretty much to instagib anything that comes within range of my Avalanche.  I dunno, I'm not sure about losing range since I have stretch in place of OE here.

So yeah, can I get some critiquing?  I think this is how I want to go, but it's bothering me for some reason I can't identify.  As always, the help's appreciated.  Thanks!

PS Yeah, I know I can dash the aura on Prime and leave the D on vanilla version.  I'd prefer to get everything all in one character though.

4 answers to this question

Give me a sec, I'll upload my builds here. 

EDIT:(Yes I know I only have 3 forma, but I'm gonna have to put a 4th once my mods are maxed)

M80mxA9.jpg

Okay, so this is pretty much my all around Void Survival/CC build that I tend to use for raids, a high enough duration will effectively render your enemies helpless when you cast avalanche. You won't be needing strength because your squadmates would have CC'ed the enemies into another dimension.

4bwRjpZ.jpg

This is my instagib build that I use for exterminates and whatnot, also doubling as my standard globe build for defense missions. If you want more range without losing too much strength, you can swap out stretch for Overextended and replace intensify with an R8 Blind Rage.

Honestly your second build is fine(excluding the first). If you want to take that into a T4D, you'll need much more strength and definitely replace redirection for SF.

Edited by Sormatte

I'll stop by and drop that :

For t4D and raid you want maximum Strength and ARMOR. ( Those two adds Maximum Hp on the snowglobe while keeping a decent range for avalanche and breaking the armor rating of frozen enemies )

Overextended isn't a good idea, it'll reduce your strength and make random shot that aren't destined to the snowglobe be absorbed by it making it take more hit and drop in health faster. Redirection and vitality are very much optional but, I'd rather put efficiency,strength and armor mods instead to make it reliable. Adding a few health will not safe frost once he faces stronger enemies. May as well just learn to evade bullet as much as you can.

If you really want some more range than you might want to rely on the new Pc mods ( Which will come soon for you ) and stretch instead of something that lower strength.
Handspring won't do much good it's more of a personnal choice if you think that you drop by knockdown too much.
Ice spring is somewhat efficient but you could do pretty much the same by bulletjumping+rolling foward in term of speed. Would be better to put exilus mods that are effective.

Have fun with this info.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

*snip*

Really appreciate the response!  So, I plugged in as close as I can get to your first build to check it against my proposed first one (my Narrow Minded is only R6, no Primed Flow, etc).  I really like the 153% (in my clone build) duration with IWI, 18 seconds instead of 12 is nice.  Just have one question on this.  When you run this build, is a Trinity pretty much a guarantee?  I'm insanely spammy on my Frost (which is why I really don't mind -str), and I feel like that 15% would really add up unless I had an EV around. 

I've heard things about driving the tram, do you not need redirection for that?  That's the main reason I had it in there at all.  Also raid related, is P Flow for bomb carrying or just for not having to be tethered to an EV Trin as much?

Your second build looks close enough to what I was thinking that I think I can comfortably call that personal preference.  Again, thanks for the in depth response!

Just have one question on this.  When you run this build, is a Trinity pretty much a guarantee?  I'm insanely spammy on my Frost (which is why I really don't mind -str), and I feel like that 15% would really add up unless I had an EV around. 

Taking into account that you have no Primed Flow, I would recommend you swap out stretch for an R4 streamline, and replace Fleeting Expertise with an R4 one. to get your max efficiency. This change should not require you to have a Trinity tagging along with you especially in the Void when you're running the prime variant. 

I've heard things about driving the tram, do you not need redirection for that?  That's the main reason I had it in there at all.  Also raid related, is P Flow for bomb carrying or just for not having to be tethered to an EV Trin as much?

For driving the tram, redirection would be useful, but it is not needed as long as your EV Trin has the Vampire Leech augment. But its down to personal preference really. 

To answer your second part, primed flow is there because I tend to have all my regular frames up to date with the best mods I have. But yes, it also helps with bomb carrying if your EV Trin doesn't have any targets and your carrier drops the bomb. 

I hope I managed to answer your questions in a way that you can understand it. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me again :)

Edited by Sormatte