Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removable Arcanes From Arcane Helmets.

LordBarcha

I've given some thought to this of late, and I thought that I should simply throw this idea out to see what people think.

Arcane Helmets are cool, and on at least a few warframes (Loki and Rhino, in particular), they're almost mandatory.  As a dirty Loki player, it's really hard to turn down the free 15% efficiency.  That's TWO less ranks I need in my fleeting expertise.

But the fact is, in some ways, arcane helmets have been unhealthy for the game for a long time, and DE was wise to phase them out as they did.  Utility is flat better than appearance to many players, and so I'm running around in my Loki Prime, with the old essence helmet.  In this way, it truly is restrictive on the appearance customization.

Were it not for the utility, I would be wearing my prime helmet, or maybe the enigma helmet.

So my proposed change is simple.  Allow the use of the Arcane Distiller on the old Arcane Helmets.   When used, it would create a special arcane that can only be installed in helmets for that warframe, converting the helmet back to a normal one in the process.

You could then install this arcane in any given helmet (for the same frame), to get the effect.

I like it. I've been the same way with Loki Prime and Rhino Prime. Especially that Vanguard on Rhino. I kind of want to get the Palatine skin, but I'm not really willing to give up that sprint speed for it. I'd much rather use Loki Prime helmet too, and there's his deluxe skin coming out soon as well, but that efficiency....

Probably have to add in a few other details for it though like making it no longer tradable or install other Arcanes.

Edited by Maicael

I doubt it. DE doesn't like the Arcane Helms and is only letting us keep them out of courtesy.

unfortunately, I have to agree here, this is the most likely result of this all... as MUCH as I would like to throw some of my Arcane Helmets on different visual styles