Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Clever Elemental Mod Effect Opinion.

Was using the Dual Cleavers, I love them, favourite weapon on par with Hate.

Now I leveled it up using various mods, but I couldn't bring myself to use elemental mods.

Now on Hate for example, I was using "North Wind" the cold enhancement. The blade looks frosted and it even appears that there's icicles on the blade a little bit. 
That is amazing and I love it, you can still tell the colours on the blade of it.  

Now part of what I love about the Cleavers and the general Grineer armoury is the rust and degradation on the weapons alongside my crisp white Warframe. 

Now I've used Lightning, Cold and Fire mods on the cleavers but there's no gradient, or maybe no alpha at all. The Cleaver blades just turn into squares of Red fire texture, Blue Ice texture and the lightning "box" for the texture seems a bit big too.

So yeah, Ideally I would love the option to turn off elemental effects on my weapons as customization as some are just too loud.

or maybe a revised texture effect, make the blade frosted but not "Ice"

I wish I had screenshots to upload to show my point, but I'm stuck at work for another 7 hours. 

If anyone has one handy ? Otherwise I'll update later on tonight with pictures. 

I get what you're saying. I'm starting to level the cleavers after I just maxed the machete. The thing is that these weapons really aren't that great but they are very cool. An option to turn off visual effects could be handy indeed

What bug? No one said anything about a bug.

If I had to guess, and I'm talking a stab in the dark. 

The bug may be the alpha mapping on the blade, because there is none. So either there's a misdirection in a filepath or they're using a .tga without the alpha. Any number of things, either way, it appears that it is being looked into. 

This is a bug and should be fixed soon.

Thank you for your time in finding this, all the best with your work !

Was using the Dual Cleavers, I love them, favourite weapon on par with Hate.

Now I leveled it up using various mods, but I couldn't bring myself to use elemental mods.

Now on Hate for example, I was using "North Wind" the cold enhancement. The blade looks frosted and it even appears that there's icicles on the blade a little bit. 

That is amazing and I love it, you can still tell the colours on the blade of it.  

Now part of what I love about the Cleavers and the general Grineer armoury is the rust and degradation on the weapons alongside my crisp white Warframe. 

Now I've used Lightning, Cold and Fire mods on the cleavers but there's no gradient, or maybe no alpha at all. The Cleaver blades just turn into squares of Red fire texture, Blue Ice texture and the lightning "box" for the texture seems a bit big too.

So yeah, Ideally I would love the option to turn off elemental effects on my weapons as customization as some are just too loud.

or maybe a revised texture effect, make the blade frosted but not "Ice"

I wish I had screenshots to upload to show my point, but I'm stuck at work for another 7 hours. 

If anyone has one handy ? Otherwise I'll update later on tonight with pictures. 

I would have suggested that only a small section of the weapons were effected, mainly the edge of the blades IMO.