Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chakrams: The Dual Handed Version Of The Glaive.

KF5AQX

By this point, I think we've all seen the Glaive, at least in a video, or by someone using it, so I won't explain how it works now.

My suggestion is simple. Add a dual version of the Glaive. It's melee would be a punching attack, similar to the Furax, or the Ankyros. However, instead of constantly being on the Tenno's hands, where they clip epically with every weapon, these would be stored on the insides of the wrist, exactly as the Glaive is. They would be on each wrist, but would not expand when used. Instead, they would simply flip up onto the hands and begin punching.

Now, for the really interesting part: The throwing. The idea is thus. When charged, you will throw a Chakram. This will fly in a straight line, hit a wall or an enemy, and bounce back to you in a straight line, no ricocheting or trick shots involved.

When you throw one, damage would be reduced, but you could still attack (Don't need knuckle dusters to punch, do you?).

However, the really useful part is that you can throw both at the same time, and still attack, albeit with about five damage hit.

Now, what about looks? Well, Chakrams are normally plain steel rings, with a sharpened edge. That wouldn't work for a punching weapon (In real life, they were used primarily by mounting them on your arm/hat/stick, and swinging them.) So, I did a quick Google search, and found these:

Exhibit A: http://www.swordsknivesanddaggers.com/daggers/daggers-dragon-chakram-hk-05360.jpg

This would allow the Tenno to hold one of the three dull portions of the Chakram, and use them to punch.

Exhibit B: http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/terencemartin/FrozenChakram.png

This would allow them to hold it by the handle in the middle, and still use them as a punching weapon. Personally, I think the two styles both fit Warframe very well (Look at the Glaive, and compare it to those images.)

TL;DR: A Glaive on each wrist, which only bounces once, and uses gauntlet animations to melee, even if the Chakrams are thrown.

So, thoughts? Ideas? Tweaks? Raging?

TL;DR: A Glaive on each wrist, which only bounces once, and uses gauntlet animations to melee, even if the Chakrams are thrown.

So, thoughts? Ideas? Tweaks? Raging?

Okay... but how about we justify that flexibility by saying it normally does the worst damage of any melee weapon when doing regular melee but while one glaive is in the air, the damage and charge damage of the other that you do regular attacks with becomes some of the best damage of any melee weapon. Encouraging skilled use of both aspects. The player would have to keep throwing it to keep using the good damage, and timing the two with movement so neither was interrupted.

I was personally thinking of this as one of the more powerful ranged melee. Look at the Glaive now: Deals extremely high damage, but takes a long time to return. I was thinking maybe half or a third damage from the Glaive, but the fact that you can throw both, and have them return quickly, would balance that.

Also, basic melee would have stun, just to make it so that you can actually do some CC while running.

• 3 months later...

I'm all for dual glaves.  I'd like them to work exactly like how they work right now, though.  I just see them being thrown side-by-side like =.  As for the melee, who uses that?  Ok . . . ok . . . if you do, I picture the animation being a bunch of spins and such.  I think that'd be really cool.