The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Not Playable: Frozen Screen Game Still Running

DynamiteGX

Hi,

Every few or so games(usually longer games like interception game modes) Warframe freezes. The screen totally freezes while the game remains running. I can hear all the audio but my screen is frozen(somehow the game is still running in the background). Then I'm forced to close warframe via task manager.

What's going on here?

How do I fix it?

Thanks sincerely for your response!

i have the same issue, altho, i found very interesting the things you can still do with a frozen screen. here is a list of what i usualy do:

1-press "T" (to open chat (default key)), and _without seening what you are tiping_ say to your team you just crashed and you will be right back. (in oder words, YES, you can still use chat...)

2-you can still run around the map. (picking up loot, shot, zoom to shot, jump, run, walk, wall latch, wall climb, you can still die, be revived, and revive others.) (the game runs, but the pixels on the screen wile the warframe "window" is open freeze)

3-to close the game, i found that the game crashes in 2 diferente stages:

3.1-you can try alt+f4 to close the game (usualy works)

3.2- if alt+f4 doesnt work, you can use ctrl+shift+esc to open the task maneger and close the problem there (or you can use the usual ctrl+alt+delete, i use ctrl+shift+esc just because it is quicker)

in my particular case, after the game is closed, Windows shows a mesage saing: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" in the bottom right hand corner.

this started happening to me, lets see.. update 17? i cant precise, but im sure it was around that time.

systems specs:

CPU: AMD A6 APU 4400m

GPU: AMD Radeon 7520G + 7670M dual graphics (altho, i only use the 7520G, as warframe seems to have problemswith dual graphics configuration)

RAM: 4GB

(also, DE, pls do something about the "dual graphics" configuration, as i am sure it was better in the past... now when i use it, the game shows more FPS, but the "frame pacing" feels like im playing with ~8FPS... (the fps counter shows a solid 60 with Vsync)

THIS. It's so annoying because it keeps happening in Draco while im leveling stuff and im on round 4 i got defiled snapdragon, and then it freezes, and i have to restart the game and i lose EVERYTHING. the affinity, pickups, wave rewards, XP; etc. it's really stupid and needs to be fixed. if the game can recognize i suddenly disconnected from a squad in a mission i should be able to KEEP the rewards because i at least reconnected. This freezing happens to me ALL THE TIME and it's so frustrating to have been in draco or triton, and then i just lose everything. honestly, might as well NOT reconnect if i'm going to lose everything.