Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Is Boring? Some Suggestions And Thoughts

LazerusKI

No no, i dont want to rage about the game, i dont want to quit^^

if this wall is to long for you: just read the parts about Clans and Last stand.

I have just heard this sentence from a friend.

translated: "Why should i play this game? farm materials to craft new items, it feels like a pure crafting game, i dont like crafting. why should i play another frame? i like banshee and trinity"

and i have to admit...yes...he is somehow right...

we farm to create new stuff...over and over again.

but what is missing?

i dont know...its not an MMO where we play quest after quest over and over again until we reach max level and quit or farm better stuff like we can do here. here we dont have a real story behind all the bosses. we reach them, we kill them, we travel to the next one.

most of the players play Defense now.

to reach a high wave you need Frost/Vauban (shield), Trinity (energy) and Saryn (Miasma)...at the moment there is not realy a choice. if you want to reach a high wave, you need them.

but why? the reward is not different, its still RNG.

a while ago i mentioned the "Last Stand" mode.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/18128-suggestion-gamemode-last-stand/

i dont kow, it would be nearly the same like defense, just with more focus on the player himself. it does not realy matter who you are, it would be like a normal mission, just that you wont run the the enemy, the enemy will run to you.

Sure, the combination of shield, damage and heal would be the same again.

What else?

The crafting system.

ok, its nice that everyone has the same chances to get something, that every Latron for example is the same...but also this robs a lot of content.

GW 2 made this mistake. no item spiral. everything was the same. we had this with the old mod system, randomized mod stats. and i would say that this was fun.

but why do i mention this?

if we would have the chance to find a "stronger" version of something, like the Latron Prime in the Void, or Frost Prime, it would make more sense in farming something.

at the moment you kill a boss only because you need something. Golem for Volt or Neural Sensors for example. No sense of visiting them because of the "fun" or the "loot-table"

If bosses would have a randomized chance of dropping something realy special...something randomized...a weapon that gives you 5% extra damage, more ammunition, natural elemental damage...would give us more sense of visiting them again.

I have mentioned bosses...

Lech Krill´s rework is great.

he is hard enough so that you cant kill him solo (i mean...he is realy badass)...but why? frost? only frost? read above...

but yeah, i know that boss-reworks are planned, Golems rework looked nice^^

Clans: this idea was great.

more content, but its also only farming materials, farming for a looooong time if you hve a small clan (i know about the rework ideas).

but...why not combine both of the last ideas?

instead of the "forma" need, why not implementing a "special item" for the bosses?

Golem could drop something that you would need for the Biolab for example. Krill something for the Chem Lab, Jackal for the Energy Lab...also some special things for research or so. Sure, we have the three special materials, but they can drop everywhere, thats why i mentioned the "Unique Material" that can drop only at a specific location.

THIS would give us a new sense of defeating bosses.

Forma could still be used as a Universal Material.

Connectors would need only Materials, nothing special...i mean...they have no special effect like Reactors or Labs...

ok, lets think about future parts.

like...the parkour room. you could get his "special" part from a boss that needs movement...

The Shooting-Room could need something from a boss that needs more than just "run n gun until he is dead"

maybe i will create some boss ideas later.

Edited by LazerusKI

you coul make my suggestions scaling.

AI core could have less Terminals or weakspots to destroy

The Squad would send in only one of the members for each Tenno in your squad.

And Biomass? i think he would be allready easy enough to solo

Well, you make the correct and obvious observation that this is not a rpg mmo and the orientation of the game should in no way revolve around farming.  Not sure how/why DE took this direction except that they put their blinders on and decided it was most important to monetize the game over and above making it the best game experience for the players.  The game has turned into a giant yawn fest and I don't get the impression that DE really has a clue about any meaningful improvements to gameplay.  Yeah, I am being a bit harsh but they have officially defaulted on fulfilling the promise the game started out with.  It was a cool action game with a highly unique movement system that begged content that exploited combat and movement.  Now its something else, I have not much enthusiasm left for.

Edited by alocrius

yawnfest...yep, it fits sometimes.

i have nearly all the planets, only somedefense missions are left open.

what should i do? farming mats for a new weapon that acts completely the same like my weapon before? the effects on melee like x3 against infested or grineer or whatever...are not realy there if you put in the right mods.

the new clan-weapons are a step in the right direction, they are realy unique.

and defense? there is not realy a reward, there is not realy a difficulty...not anymore...sure it still takes a while, but why should i run it?

thats why i mentioned a last stand mode...waves with bosses, more difficult enemys etc etc.

i dont want to say that the game is bad, the new content, tilesets, frames are still awesome...we jsut need something that we can do with them.

a simple parkour-map to race against other players, more different defense maps (they showed the orokin defense last stream, realy nice), more unique sets (like on top of a train, a base in the sky etc), more unique bosses (mentioned some ideas here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/59202-some-future-bossfight-ideas/ ), a boss who is harder to kill because of his mechanic, instead of Enemy X with increased health and shield (they are working on it, i know), or even a small storyline around our chosen frame. but hey, its beta, it can still be there in the future :)

Edited by LazerusKI

pvp as stalker?

i...no i dont want to say anything...but...i need to...

pvp...here...no...

its designed to be pve, pvp would mean new balancing, new balancing would mean broken game.

not to mention the troll-factor you would do to other players. kill them so that they need to spent one revive or fail the mission? realy dude? realy?

i dont want to shatter your suggestion or blame you because i dont like it...but i think a huge amount of players sees it the same way...no pvp. its always the same with pvp suggestion, a few like it, but most of us hate it.

the whole game was just not designed to support pvp, the frames would act way to strange in pvp, some of them would be horrible OP against others. you cant balance that, even if you would have only one attacker frame. he would either kill everything or die horrible. there is no way you can balance this without affecting the pve gameplay.

Edited by LazerusKI

pvp as stalker?

i...no i dont want to say anything...but...i need to...

pvp...here...no...

its designed to be pve, pvp would mean new balancing, new balancing would mean broken game.

not to mention the troll-factor you would do to other players. kill them so that they need to spent one revive or fail the mission? realy dude? realy?

i dont want to shatter your suggestion or blame you because i dont like it...but i think a huge amount of players sees it the same way...no pvp. its always the same with pvp suggestion, a few like it, but most of us hate it.

the whole game was just not designed to support pvp, the frames would act way to strange in pvp, some of them would be horrible OP against others. you cant balance that, even if you would have only one attacker frame. he would either kill everything or die horrible. there is no way you can balance this without affecting the pve gameplay.

Meh, we covered all that. Rebecca even gave a hint of approval (probably to shut us up)