The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Try Using A 3Rd Party Gift Card For Warframe?

locke212

Question

Sorry in advance, first time poster, not sure what the appropriate category is.

Has anyone tried purchasing platinum or a package using a gift card? I keep getting error 1017, not enough money on the card. I have $10 more than the price of the package (Frost Prime's Vault bundle) on the card which should cover any additional fees...

But it won't tell me what the subtotal is. Support is less than helpful, they've told me to add more money to the card or contact the retailer. I'm doing this because I don't really want a gift card for the retailer, so adding "more money" to the card is a stupid solution unless they can at least tell me how much it is, or if its even just a computer error...

I just tried the retailer, naturally, they have no idea what I'm talking about and are pretty short about not using the gift card anywhere else but instore...

This has been a real headache, any advice?

4 answers to this question

I use pre-paid cards for all online transactions, and I've certainly had problems using specific ones for specific sales. Specifically, if the card is from another country there seems to be a lot of problems. I can't really offer any solutions, there seems to be some transactions that certain cards can't perform. 

Personally, I've used Karma Koins for Warframe before, and never had any problems.

I sort of figured it out on my own. I risked going through the purchase of $20 worth of platnium and it gave me what amount of the card it would actually use. I figured it to be 64% of the gift card. If that's correct, and hell if their support could give me any info, then I would need a $95 gift card to buy something $60. 

Rough guess anyway. This has turned out to be a complete waste of time. It's neat that you can use gift cards but they should have some info on what it actually takes.