Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rediscovering Warframe

NoeleVeerod

I'm taking some time these days to play with (and level up) a secondary account, something which is far more entertaining than I would have given it credit. Sometimes I even manage to keep up with more advanced players in my team, when I play in Public.

These experiences are giving me lots of ideas for walkthroughs and step-to-step guides. Should I go back to making videos, I'll be sure to put them in practice.

Has anyone here created another account to start over with, just for the sake of feeling what is it like to be a new player in "today's Warframe"?

Yes, it is unfortunately horrible. To get anywhere to the same level I am on my primary account requires so much grind and what is worse IMO is the star chart. I hope that with the new starchart this experience is improved.

I feel where you're coming from. It's boring when you have to unlock half the chart for one node of interest (and I'm not even talking about Draco, which is the fastest way to ruin the newbie experience).

But I have to say this - it isn't necessarily that bad. Starter planets are often easy to tackle Solo, and some starter weapons pack such a mean punch.

The MK1-Strun, for example, is perhaps one of the meanest. Short ranged, but its damage is distributed enough to be a good solution against many enemies of your first days. Modding will be a blessing even more, or just get the regular Strun for even more facemelting. I always dubbed it a stupid gun until I had to choose a starter gun.

Also, if you find a Toxic damage mod, you're pretty much fine for everything, since it bypasses any Shields and Armour you will come across.

Unfortunately the early stages of the game don't help much once you're done with Vor's Prize, so this is why I'm delving into the newbie experience as much as possible. Perhaps I'll be able to come up with some more helpful content and tips.

I am leveling a new account right now and I love it. I'm not exactly taking the newbie experience though (power leveling on Draco day one and farming Void missions with friends for credits).

I discovered the credit cost at the start of the game is too high, with all the weapons you'll have to level up and kubrows, for example, but maybe I'm rushing too hard. What do you think?

And the damaged mods I find not helpful in the least, on the contrary, they are just trolling you. I mean, 3% ability power? Most of them should drop as proper versions soon anyway and leveling the damaged versions ist just another credit and fusion material sink. What do you think about those?

I am leveling a new account right now and I love it. I'm not exactly taking the newbie experience though (power leveling on Draco day one and farming Void missions with friends for credits).

I discovered the credit cost at the start of the game is too high, with all the weapons you'll have to level up and kubrows, for example, but maybe I'm rushing too hard. What do you think?

And the damaged mods I find not helpful in the least, on the contrary, they are just trolling you. I mean, 3% ability power? Most of them should drop as proper versions soon anyway and leveling the damaged versions ist just another credit and fusion material sink. What do you think about those?

I do agree that the Damaged mods are of very little use, to the extent that I don't even bother levelling them up. On my main account I did max them out, but just out of purpose of collecting them - on my secondary, I might as well wait until I get the proper versions to use the Damaged ones as fusion material.

I was lucky enough to find those levels where Serration and Hornet Strike drop as rewards (Spy or Excavation missions), though I still have a broken Point Blank mod and it makes me cringe.

About Credit costs in early stages of the game:

I have collected a few Void keys, which I use when I'm in dire need of Credits. But, otherwise, I take advantage of those Quests that are available to me and accessible in terms of enemy levels. I have racked up enough money to buy at least all those weapons whose cost is in Credit, not Platinum, and the only external help I got was from PUGs. No level taxi grouping of any sorts.

It's also true, though, that I'm not taking interest in Kubrows yet, I know that I can't afford them, nor would any new player without an economy strong enough to bear the costs. That's why I can fully dedicate myself to expanding my Arsenal.

I have also gifted my secondary account an Excalibur, since its price is negligible compared to other Warframes (75P is quite the bargain, considering its corresponding price in USD/EUR and Excalibur's reliability both in early and mid-to-long term game). It's not like new players wouldn't shop a little anyways, though it's best not to get used to it. :P

I feel where you're coming from. It's boring when you have to unlock half the chart for one node of interest (and I'm not even talking about Draco, which is the fastest way to ruin the newbie experience).

But I have to say this - it isn't necessarily that bad. Starter planets are often easy to tackle Solo, and some starter weapons pack such a mean punch.

The MK1-Strun, for example, is perhaps one of the meanest. Short ranged, but its damage is distributed enough to be a good solution against many enemies of your first days. Modding will be a blessing even more, or just get the regular Strun for even more facemelting. I always dubbed it a stupid gun until I had to choose a starter gun.

Also, if you find a Toxic damage mod, you're pretty much fine for everything, since it bypasses any Shields and Armour you will come across.

Unfortunately the early stages of the game don't help much once you're done with Vor's Prize, so this is why I'm delving into the newbie experience as much as possible. Perhaps I'll be able to come up with some more helpful content and tips.

I remember for ages after I started, I mained a Viral Mk-1 Paris. Whether that weapon is just OP in general, or I'm just a good archer I don't know though :P

This was only two months ago at the most too. As for credit farming in the void, I never did that. I stuck to Memphis DSD on Phobos for that (16k unboosted per run on XB1)

Edited by (XB1)Yiazzy

I remember for ages after I started, I mained a Viral Mk-1 Paris. Whether that weapon is just OP in general, or I'm just a good archer I don't know though :P

This was only two months ago at the most too. As for credit farming in the void, I never did that. I stuck to Memphis DSD on Phobos for that (16k unboosted per run on XB1)

Indeed, there are a few viable ways to boost your cash savings without Void keys or intense farming, but you'll have to work your way in a bit.

Elemental damage and bows seem to be a good combo, and Viral is always a good idea. :P