Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The ability to boot.

aheed

Booting/kicking/voting is sometimes tough in small games, but I have already seen a couple of times when it was needed.

Usually in a smaller grouping it comes down to the host has the ability to kick. But that may hurt since people don't get the choice of which host to join for a mission. If a guy sits on a key mission or popular mission and just kicks everyone that joins constantly, it will cause the matchmaking program a real hassle to try and make two different missions for the same planet before either is full, or some other feature would have to be added so that someone can't grief in that way.

It's complicated, but considering how rude and ridiculous some players are, as well as the occaisional griefers now, when the game goes open or live, it will become almost necessary to have a way to get rid of those people quickly. There are many players that want to treat others badly and it would make for some very dissapointing game sessions when everything goes wrong because of just a few griefers.

There does need to be a kick, and the host can't be immune or the only one in power. More to the point there needs to be a bit more focus on anti-grief before it becomes a larger problem then it is now.

it's not even possible to grief in this game. you can at most mildly annoy someone by going up/down the elevator before them or making them wait 1 minute at extraction for not showing up.

but giving people booting option is just a recipe for disaster.

Edited by johncage

Johncage. Join a deception mission. Pick up the datamass first. Don't go to the objective. You are griefing. Join a spy mission, get even one data mass. If the mission objective doesn't change, then you can just stand around and not do anything and you would be griefing. It is hard to grief on some missions, but a couple of the missions are unfortunately built for griefing.

it's not even possible to grief in this game. you can at most mildly annoy someone by going up/down the elevator before them or making them wait 1 minute at extraction for not showing up.

but giving people booting option is just a recipe for disaster.

You can damage and possibly kill allies via shooting explosive barrels near them, or shooting out reinforced glass and activating the only nearby console but not completing it.

Johncage. Join a deception mission. Pick up the datamass first. Don't go to the objective. You are griefing. Join a spy mission, get even one data mass. If the mission objective doesn't change, then you can just stand around and not do anything and you would be griefing. It is hard to grief on some missions, but a couple of the missions are unfortunately built for griefing.

Some sort of detection and auto-kick for this sort of behaviour I think would be possible...

I have faced this same exact method of griefing by a player named DreamHound. Pretty much ruined the first session I played with friends who I had gifted beta keys, put a pretty bad taste in their mouths, concerning what they percieve as this particular game's "community" Spent a few minutes after the fact selling them on the game all over again, defending all the people I've played with who don't purposefully waste other people's time for mild entertainment.

Gotta love the guy with the artifact who doesn't want to go to extraction too, they can waste a toooooooon of time. I'm talking no enemies left on map and still wont show up not just being slow clearing everything.

inb4 two man pre-mades everywhere, booting me for being Loki. (and a scavanger, please people, I need to clean the map or I'll go mad, sitting in a corner, slowly rocking, whispering: I saw the green, I saw the green. Forgive me, Rubedo, forgive me.)

Edited by Labcat

I don't think I have even seen a vote kick system that causes less grief than the actual grievers.

The idea should be to stop the grievers, not give a different kind of people tools to do it in a different way.

Why not have a vote drop system instead that make players drop objective items? Whack a limit on it so it can't be done more than a couple of times a round and there you've pretty much solved one of your grieving issues.

I've never liked that Loki can port switch with other players, so I'd really just like to see that removed... but that's a very minor means of grieving.

For the dude getting people stuck in lifts, just add a cool down to it so they can't do it more than 3 times in under a minute.

If a vote kick is added people will start hosting online games and setting their own poxy rules and start policing their own little games. Sure, Private games exist but most of these goofs won't have enough friends to play with team of four. They'll feel like big boys kicking Rhinos from their Excalibur only games or Pistol only rules, or kicking people who buy things or not.

I think we need to focus on the bugs first to prevent griefing altogether. I think we need to fix some of these silly objectives, and ad something like a mission time limit (like when all enemies are eleminated, a time limit til auto-win.) I've played many games where hosts get power hungry and boot unknowing players or groups who like to gang up on randoms could vote kick someone out of an alert just to be jerks. It can and WILL happen of we implement something like this. I would rather have some kind of report system.

I have faced this same exact method of griefing by a player named DreamHound. Pretty much ruined the first session I played with friends who I had gifted beta keys, put a pretty bad taste in their mouths, concerning what they percieve as this particular game's "community" Spent a few minutes after the fact selling them on the game all over again, defending all the people I've played with who don't purposefully waste other people's time for mild entertainment.

No all of you are idiots. The game is fine. Go find some friends if you don't like playing with pubs idiots.

Can't even ban in a F2P game. <sigh>

Someones mad.

A vote-kick option would be more harmful than helpful, but a vote-remove sort of system (where the "kicked" player gets sent to their own game to finish the mission on their own) would be welcome, I think. Difficult to abuse since it wouldn't really affect other people's progress.

There's always the issue with handling vote-kicks in a game that can quite often end up with only two people in it at a time, though. Voluntary separation of the players into their own games, in that case?

You will never be able to remove all forms of "griefing" without preventing player interaction altogether. Having a contingency plan is important. Making sure that contingency plan isn't open to griefing itself is also important.

Seriously?! You were just warned for this specific behavior not 10 hours ago. I have little tolerance for blatant abuse and poor listeners. Strike Two.

hes bad in game as well, mister walker.

could we have an in-game report system? i dont like being called...ah.... a retard for telling the group they can avoid melee bosses by hopping on the crates.

A vote-kick option would be more harmful than helpful, but a vote-remove sort of system (where the "kicked" player gets sent to their own game to finish the mission on their own) would be welcome, I think. Difficult to abuse since it wouldn't really affect other people's progress.

I second a vote-remove system, at least. There are more trolls than just Dreamhound stalking around in the dark.

Edited by Katakuna

Why not have a vote drop system instead that make players drop objective items? Whack a limit on it so it can't be done more than a couple of times a round and there you've pretty much solved one of your grieving issues.

This +1. Vote-kicking from games is a very bad idea and just invites more grieving and potential misuse. We need some creative ideas for the serious grieving options and thats it. Loki switch and Mag pull are trollish, but it's hard (and rare) to get more out of them than a good laugh.

This +1. Vote-kicking from games is a very bad idea and just invites more grieving and potential misuse. We need some creative ideas for the serious grieving options and thats it. Loki switch and Mag pull are trollish, but it's hard (and rare) to get more out of them than a good laugh.

It's pretty rampant in F2P games. Griefers don't have to spend money to create an account, so they create throwaways to grief people and get banned, then create another throwaway. They also have way more time than real people(not implying that griefers aren't real people. Okay, I am and they're not.). The only ways you can stop them affect legitimate players.

There currently is a semi-useful implementation of a reporting process in-game that you find if you right-click on a name in the Recently Played list. However there's no way to provide proof for the griefer (i.e. copy of the chat log.) We'll be working on a more robust reporting system that is currently on our wishlist for OB but sadly this work takes away from working on the game itself, which really is an unfortunate but necessary trade-off.