Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The ability to boot.

aheed

I think kicking should be allowed by the host but instead of booting you out to the menu when kicked, it creates a host migration of sorts so the player starts the same mission at the same point, as if he hosted an Online game. That way, you can't exploit kicking since your "victim" still has the same progress and all his items while still allowing you to progress if you have AFK'ers or other griefers in your game.

While you often meet players that hinder the mission, a kick system would just result in random kicking of the guy that no one bothered to rez, and therefore is a little behind everyone else.

I've seen it in WoW (yeah I know, horrible wow etc), where people get kicked for taking a quick bio break, or for any normal reason is afk a few. Not to mention all the people that just click yes on kick votes no matter the reason. Some guy thinks you are stealing his kills? Vote to kick!! And everyone presses "Yes".

Tho if it were implemented, with the migration system there's no reason the host of the game should be "immune" to votekicks.

it's not even possible to grief in this game. you can at most mildly annoy someone by going up/down the elevator before them or making them wait 1 minute at extraction for not showing up.

but giving people booting option is just a recipe for disaster.

There are leechers and afkers though. And let's not forget what Loki and mag can do.

I think kicking should be allowed by the host but instead of booting you out to the menu when kicked, it creates a host migration of sorts so the player starts the same mission at the same point, as if he hosted an Online game. That way, you can't exploit kicking since your "victim" still has the same progress and all his items while still allowing you to progress if you have AFK'ers or other griefers in your game.

That's actually a really good idea

I've played many mmos for a great deal of time over the years, spent alot of time in phantasy star universe. Now for some backstory for people unfamiliar with the game: In PSU you do runs similiar to this game but the host has control of the loot and the boot. In my years and many many hours playing that game i got less than 20 unjustified boots and that was with just one person in control of the boot.

Now i can't imagine booting being a more prominent problem than greifing in this game since in fact it does have a private party feature allowing players who just do not wish to mingle with unknowns to do so without requiring them to boot. I believe the hurt to heal ratio would be in good players favors with a vote to kick system.

I agree, I've ran into a few trolls already where they'd wait for me to go up an elevator run across the room and start crossing a bridge just for them to switch places with me, then jump off and land beside me and do it all over again, If i weren't Volt I would have been there a lot longer.

Edited by Bobthehobbe