Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need More Warframe Slots!

lol991don

To be honest, having slots at all is really bad. In order to get more warframes/weapons, you have to SELL existing ones. All the time you've put into them? Gone.Oh you got Nyx but didn't like her compared to the one you had to sell? Too bad.

It is.... I can't understand it. There are PLENTY of reasons as to why a player would want to purchase platinum in this game, so why this is even a thing is beyond me.

To be honest, having slots at all is really bad. In order to get more warframes/weapons, you have to SELL existing ones. All the time you've put into them? Gone.Oh you got Nyx but didn't like her compared to the one you had to sell? Too bad.

It is.... I can't understand it. There are PLENTY of reasons as to why a player would want to purchase platinum in this game, so why this is even a thing is beyond me.

Indeed. I also don't believe their excuse as to why this is happening - server storage.

I mean they don't even have their own servers, you have peer-to-peer connection so the only thing they need servers for is just the menu, that's it. I think all my post in these forums costed more storage space than the 4-5 accounts filled with slots.

Maybe they should also limit the ammount of mods you can get, since those occupy server space too!

You can get yourself two slots with the starter platinum. Other than that, buy them, they're cheap. Oh and you might like to hear that the devs have stated thinking about making more slots available at higher mastery levels. They mentioned it a couple of times, no idea if they're still thinking about it.

You can get yourself two slots with the starter platinum. Other than that, buy them, they're cheap. Oh and you might like to hear that the devs have stated thinking about making more slots available at higher mastery levels. They mentioned it a couple of times, no idea if they're still thinking about it.

So instead of buying, say, a color scheme or a skin, i should buy slots just to be able to grind and not sell the stuff that i worked hard for? Top logic here.

Saying it's cheap doesn't help for anything, and Platinum isn't really cheap anyways, but my point is that not everyone that plays this game has money to put into a game or access to money on the internet (Credit card, PayPal, Steam Wallet ect.)

With the starter package that you get for free, you can gain access to 3 warframe slots and 12 weapon slots - that's massive for 0$.

If that is not enough for you, you are free to go and play any of the other 100x 80$ AAA shooter out there, kid.

With the starter package that you get for free, you can gain access to 3 warframe slots and 12 weapon slots - that's massive for 0$.

If that is not enough for you, you are free to go and play any of the other 100x 80$ AAA shooter out there, kid.

Starter package? For free? What?

I think they should give us atleast few more free slots, i only have 2 warframes and can't get more.

That's a negative. 2 slots are enough per free account with 50 platinum FREE, or are you saying 50 platinum is not enough too? It's your fault if you burnt money like it's nothing (please don't tell me you wasted it on RUSH button when crafting weapon?).

This topic has already been discussed before. USE THE SEARCH FEATURE.

Not everyone has access to money in such a way, like underaged people.

I don't think a game that requires you to kill things and get bloody is for underage people. I should speak to your daddy about this....ohh yes.

Saying it's cheap doesn't help for anything, and Platinum isn't really cheap anyways, but my point is that not everyone that plays this game has money to put into a game or access to money on the internet (Credit card, PayPal, Steam Wallet ect.)

Games are not made to be free anyways, but for basic things you get lots of FREE things and if you want more you pay for it, simple marketing logic isn't it? The rest is from farming which only requires your play time.

Doesn't the FREE starter also come with 50 platinum?

If so, then you most likely spent it on something you didn't need.

When I started playing I didn't spend my 50 platinum until I asked people and snooped around the marketplace.

This is a wise move on a free account ^

Edited by Redward

I think they should give us atleast few more free slots, i only have 2 warframes and can't get more.

If you've already progressed past these slots, it's in your own interest that you support the game economically. Devs need money, you need a game, there's surely some sort of compromise you can think of here.

That's a negative. 2 slots are enough per free account with 50 platinum FREE, or are you saying 50 platinum is not enough too? It's your fault if you burnt money like it's nothing (please don't tell me you wasted it on RUSH button when crafting weapon?).

This topic has already been discussed before. USE THE SEARCH FEATURE.

I don't think a game that requires you to kill things and get bloody is for underage people. I should speak to your daddy about this....ohh yes.

Games are not made to be free anyways, but for basic things you get lots of FREE things and if you want more you pay for it, simple marketing logic isn't it? The rest is from farming which only requires your play time.

This is a wise move on a free account ^

Underaged people play worse games than this, and this game is for free on the internet, so easier to access, and don't insult me by saying ''I should speak to your daddy about this....ohh yes.'' I'm not a kid and you should really think about what you post. Edited by tatcher

Yeah, selling weapons is not as bad as having to sell Warframes.The Warframes are in a flux getting buffed or nerfed at the moment. Even if I wanted to buy a slot or sell a frame I can't decide since they are forever changing their abilities, I know it's because it's beta. Playing as the different Warframes is all the game has going for it at the minute. Sure I could try get Frost Prime but then I can't really sell him, same with Reaper Prime. Maybe at least if the 'special' event-ish items came with a slot.

Even more importantly are the Clan Dojo weapons that need built with Forma, if I somehow managed to obtain one I'd be very reluctant to give it up which counters the argument that you can just sell things and buy something else. Good luck finding more Forma. Players want progression not regression. Mastery Rank is one of the only draws and it gives little to reward.

I hope they do add some slots for Mastery Rank, it could be fairly high up so as people will still buy slots. With the assumed endless addition of Warframes there will always be a demand for slots.

Yes you could buy some slots but the point is you will have to continue buying slots if you want to experience all the content and future content, eventually I assume this cost would be far greater than any other game you can buy.

I don't see the point in having free access to content (warframes/weapons) that you can't get slots for. With the assumed endless amount of increasing number of weapons and frames you are essentially forced into buying slots to experience this new content. Say you already have your weapons ranked up and catalysts used you will have to sell one of your favourites to experience that flamethrower or buy a new slot. Free player or not you will be feeling the need to buy a new slot at some point.

Maybe if the focus of the game wasn't on the content it wouldn't be so bad.

You get 50 plat when you start, that's enough for 2 more slots.

Want more than that?

Pay a couple of bucks and max out your space for both weapons and warframes.

That's not how I WANT to spend my money. Mod packs, cosmetic items like warframe/weapon skins, that sort of thing. And if I happen to play with friends and want a different type of loadout than them, I would spend plat getting my weapon/warframe instantly rather than the next day, so I can continue playing. Why even GIVE us the 50 plat if they are only really good for slots? Why not just give the slots instead then?

This is probably the ONLY thing I disagree with when it comes to buying platinum. Getting a warframe/weapon should automatically unlock a new slot for it. Boom. Done. Plenty of people who would throw money at DE for this game (I did!) for several reasons. This is one of those that could make people think twice about not only buying plat, but even start playing the game at all.

What about people who don't have a credit card?

Not everyone wants a credit card, and not everyone trusts themselves with one.

There needs to be a way to get more slots, even if it's grinding like a boss.

Often times games that require you to purchase more slots for characters at least give you more than a mere two before you have to burn yours or someone else's money.

I actually think they've been fairly good with the weapon slots, though it does feel really tight. Some in game way to get more slots, both warframe or weapon - even if you have to FARM like crazy just to get a capped few - would be nice.

With the starter pack (50 plats) you could have 4 warframes and 2 sets of weapons for variety (primary, secondary, melee) with 2 spare slot for whatever tickles you fancy. You can go a long long way with these. If you are interested in experiencing more content, then it's only fair that you reward the content maker and buy some platinum.

You're thinking of this game as a 100% free to play game. It is not. Think of it as a game where you start of free, then pay more as you think they deserve. It's a much more honest gaming model than those that forces you to choke up 50 dollars only to find out that it sux (gaming review or otherwise).

If you're a student and can't afford it (or too lazy to do some summer job), then shucks, cuz:

Effort = Reward. 

Although in your case, I must say,

0 effort = some reward (thanks to 50 plats, aint that good of DE).

Quit whining, the developers need to survive as well.

That's not how I WANT to spend my money. Mod packs, cosmetic items like warframe/weapon skins, that sort of thing. And if I happen to play with friends and want a different type of loadout than them, I would spend plat getting my weapon/warframe instantly rather than the next day, so I can continue playing. Why even GIVE us the 50 plat if they are only really good for slots? Why not just give the slots instead then?

This is probably the ONLY thing I disagree with when it comes to buying platinum. Getting a warframe/weapon should automatically unlock a new slot for it. Boom. Done. Plenty of people who would throw money at DE for this game (I did!) for several reasons. This is one of those that could make people think twice about not only buying plat, but even start playing the game at all.

What DE offers that's different than other paid games is that they allow you to choose how to spend your initial platinum. How is that bad?

Honestly, if they had automatically given WF slots instead, other people would start to complain and say they want to have weapon slots, not wf slots and etc etc. There will always be someone who wants something else. An open choice is the best!

Edited by Nichizzy

What about people who don't have a credit card?

Not everyone wants a credit card, and not everyone trusts themselves with one.

There needs to be a way to get more slots, even if it's grinding like a boss.

The funds can come out of your steam wallet.

Your steam wallet can be filled via paypal, debit mastercards, cash slips (Sent to valve) or steam wallet gift cards, purchasable with any form of currency from almost any game store on earth.

Even australia, which lags behind these things, has steam wallet cards.

okay a) mod packs are a horrible way to spend your initial platinum.

b) Invariably, there are people who would say "I would rather buy a couple of warframe slots with my plat than weapons or catalysts which I can get myself anyway!"

besides, for those spending additional money on the game, slots are some of the cheapest items purchasable using platinum.

Nothing stopping you from selling a weapon or warframe, and if you really don't want to sell them, the slots are dirt cheap so just go with the economy and support the game. Microtransactions are the future.

It's like rushing in the foundry; You pay for time and convenience.

If you have the time and will to sell each warframe as you get tired of it, do it.

if you don't, you pay for the luxury.

Warframe isn't the first game to force players to pay for additional character slots, so I don't see what the issue is.

Some games charge a FORTUNE for luxury/premium/optional game changes. Name changes in LoL, realm changes in WoW, heck, for something comprable, character slots in neverwinter cost several dollars each.

And lastly, DE has to pay for the extra server space needed to save more warframe slots. Yes, it's tiny for one or two.

But how many extra warframes could there be? And how much space does each one take?

Eventually, it takes it's toll on memory, why should DE fork out for that for you to play the game without even spending the smallest ammount on it?

This is a weak point, sure, but the rest of the argument isn't, and it's one more log on the fire.

Getting a warframe/weapon should automatically unlock a new slot for it. Boom. Done. Plenty of people who would throw money at DE for this game (I did!) for several reasons.

This I could get behind provided one thing;

If you buy a warframe with platinum, you get a new slot for it.

(same with weapons)

Crafting one needs it's own slot, but buying it with plat hands it to you at no extra cost, much like the added reactor on store bought warframes.

It'll help bring the costs down a bit, and make them more reasonable.

and for people who really, really want to spend the bare minimum, they don't have to fork out extra for slots.

With the starter pack (50 plats) you could have 4 warframes and 2 sets of weapons for variety (primary, secondary, melee) with 2 spare slot for whatever tickles you fancy. You can go a long long way with these. If you are interested in experiencing more content, then it's only fair that you reward the content maker and buy some platinum.

You're thinking of this game as a 100% free to play game. It is not. Think of it as a game where you start of free, then pay more as you think they deserve. It's a much more honest gaming model than those that forces you to choke up 50 dollars only to find out that it sux (gaming review or otherwise).

If you're a student and can't afford it (or too lazy to do some summer job), then shucks, cuz:

Effort = Reward. 

Although in your case, I must say,

0 effort = some reward (thanks to 50 plats, aint that good of DE).

Quit whining, the developers need to survive as well.

What DE offers that's different than other paid games is that they allow you to choose how to spend your initial platinum. How is that bad?

Honestly, if they had automatically given WF slots instead, other people would start to complain and say they want to have weapon slots, not wf slots and etc etc. There will always be someone who wants something else. An open choice is the best!

But as has been already stated in this thread, you are pressured in to buying more slots due to how extremely limited the space is. If you don't purchase extra slots, you have to suffer unless you buy more platinum and then buy those slots you didn't get.

What is the point when they could just give you those to start with instead?

There needs to be a few more free slots. Even World of Tanks gives you more tank slots than this game - for free - and that game is making a killing.

Edited by Tyroki

But as has been already stated in this thread, you are pressured in to buying more slots due to how extremely limited the space is. If you don't purchase extra slots, you have to suffer unless you buy more platinum and then buy those slots you didn't get.

What is the point when they could just give you those to start with instead?

There needs to be a few more free slots. Even World of Tanks gives you more tank slots than this game - for free - and that game is making a killing.

Suffer? Why define it as suffering?

To me, it means you are really eager to try out the rest of the Warframes. That means the developer has done something right.

There are 13 warframes you can play. Using platinum you can potentially have 4 warframe slots. That's 4/13 = just under a quarter of the game's warframe content that can be experience without a dime. I think its fair. Honestly its not that much pressure at all. 1 tank, 1 ranged, 1 melee and 1 quirky warframe. You get to try out one of each which is saying alot considering that you've not paid a dime.

I doubt you can compare WoT to WF - it's not apple to apple comparison, but then again I've not played much WoT.

The thing is, there IS no actual choice. If you buy ANYTHING other than warframe/weapon slots, you are doomed to repeat a cycle of having to sell your existing gear in order to get new gear. Over and over. Even IF you buy slots, this only helps to delay the inevitable.

okay a) mod packs are a horrible way to spend your initial platinum.

b) Invariably, there are people who would say "I would rather buy a couple of warframe slots with my plat than weapons or catalysts which I can get myself anyway!"

besides, for those spending additional money on the game, slots are some of the cheapest items purchasable using platinum.

Nothing stopping you from selling a weapon or warframe, and if you really don't want to sell them, the slots are dirt cheap so just go with the economy and support the game. Microtransactions are the future.

It's like rushing in the foundry; You pay for time and convenience.

If you have the time and will to sell each warframe as you get tired of it, do it.

if you don't, you pay for the luxury.

A) Because we have no CHOICE, yes it is. Not my point. My point is that is something I might WANT to buy, not something I HAVE to.

B) For those spending platinum yes, but those who don't have to keep selling their stuff! How on EARTH does this make sense?

Platinum is for the "little" things like I mentioned earlier, cosmetic items, rushing the foundry like you just said.

And lastly, DE has to pay for the extra server space needed to save more warframe slots. Yes, it's tiny for one or two.

But how many extra warframes could there be? And how much space does each one take?

Eventually, it takes it's toll on memory, why should DE fork out for that for you to play the game without even spending the smallest ammount on it?

This is a weak point, sure, but the rest of the argument isn't, and it's one more log on the fire.

It honestly IS a very weak point. They WILL churne out more weapons and warframes as the game continues, NOT doing it would be absolutely idiotic in such a game, or people would just stop playing at some point. Im not just saying this either, Steve said it last livestream that new warframes/weapons WILL come throughout the games life, one warframe each major patch at the very least. And this problem (which IS a problem) will continue to grow with it unless it gets resolved.

And just because Warframe is not the FIRST game to force us to buy anything doesn't mean it's a good thing. Charles Manson wasn't the first person to kill another, but that don't make it right (a -bit- extreme, but you get the gist). They still FORCE us to buy it. It's not written with big words and they can attempt to sneak their way around it using fancy biznz speak, but right now it is either buy platinum, or sell your stuff which you have used time to get. Nothing is more precious than our time.

I'm fine with loot taking longer to achieve without buying platinum. I'm fine with buying platinum for all kinds of random stuff.

If DE wanted to get a profit for every player that plays the game, they could just slap on a "49.99" pricetag on it and sell it at regular stores. But this is a free to play game. And no one should be forced to buy ANYTHING in a free to play game.

Edited by Tarudizer