The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Stalker? Pack = Overpriced Or Not

Worthless. I got the 3 pieces of equipment in two days. If they had lowered the price, they probably would have sold more. Probably would still be selling more.

DESteve said they have no plans on changing the money values. If they don't smarten up and learn to accommodate the system of impulse buys, this game will take a dive because they won't sell any platinum at all.

Funny that all the free to play people whine about prices then say DE is going to "dive" or "fail" because they wont sell platinum. I think that you folks need to remember that 50% of the players will buy platinum, color packs, and the more things that DE sends our way via marketplace especially when we get more aesthetic items.

I already got all of the stalker drops and i wasn't even trying to farm him. He just kept popping up while i was farming low lvl defense missions for keys.

So yeah its insanely overpriced and an insult to F2P gaming.

Edited by cknives

500 plat would seem more like a reasonable price, 150plat per weapon = 450 +50 plat for color.  Either way I would not buy it, as the stalker has a pretty high chance of dropping a blue print like 40% chance I would assume?

Funny that all the free to play people whine about prices then say DE is going to "dive" or "fail" because they wont sell platinum. I think that you folks need to remember that 50% of the players will buy platinum, color packs, and the more things that DE sends our way via marketplace especially when we get more aesthetic items.

You know, 99% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think you need to remember that F2P cash shops are successful only if they are based on impulse buys. I don't even want to spend the plat I have because a flipping color pack costs 5$ and a warframe costs 20$. I'd rather spend a few days grinding it out than pay 20$. And i'm pretty sure most people feel the same. Game dev's need to take that into consideration before setting their prices. Is a price tag going to make someone hesitate, or make them think they're getting a deal?

500 plat would seem more like a reasonable price, 150plat per weapon = 450 +50 plat for color.  Either way I would not buy it, as the stalker has a pretty high chance of dropping a blue print like 40% chance I would assume?

So you're saying that 10$ per weapon is a reasonable price? If people are willing to pay that much for something, goodness.

Edited by Rakaija

its to cheap... some people are just lucky. bp from staler are rare enough. 1500 plat for all pieces and maybe smoke as 3-piece bonus around warframe is more then fair.

Tough call.  I find the Stalker pack to be a bit out of what I'd consider my reasonable spending range, especially seeing as I had the Smoke color pack already, but that being said... I know some folks who would gladly pay through the nose to get some cool video-game swag, especially when it's as functional as the Stalker weapons.  So for me, personally?  If I didn't already have the color pack and 2/3 of the Stalker weapons, I might consider buying it, but that's doubtful.  The price is awfully steep, but I suppose I can understand their reasoning for pricing it as such.

Now, if those weapons were ONLY available for plat, then my answer would be a resounding THAT'S TOO MUCH!  As it stands though, I wouldn't buy it but I don't think it is over over-priced.

Wat... doubling its price is not even close to 100€

37vpg.jpg

For 45€ you get 1000 platinums, a thunderbolt, (800 Plat I believe?) 3 rare and strong weapons... you won't even need other weapons, oh and plus a smoke color pack

After all that you will still have 200 platinum remaining to buy potatoes and slots, I say it's worth it and I would buy it if we had a proper credit card that I could use on the internet.

So you're saying that 3 weapons, 1 dye pack, and a cash shop only mod is worth that of brand new game?  Congratulations, you're the reason why we can't have nice things.

Imo, the Stalker pack is there 100 percent for looks. The Dread is a crappier, non armor piercing version of the Paris. The Hate is a very slightly slower Scindo, and the only upgrade is the Despair, which doesn;t make enough of a difference to be worth that much.

I'm sorry but not really.

It's not overpriced. The method of obtaining those items is ridiculously easy.

All you have to do is - Kill a Grineer boss. Wait for Stalker to show. Hope it'll drop.

Rinse and repeat.

It's far better than 75 Platinum for 5 Void Keys.

AKA. US$1.00 for a 10~15 minutes run. That's way below minimum wage. 

Apex, your logic does doesn't make any sense what so ever. Just because something can be obtained in game doesn't make it not expensive in the market. If Xbox had DLC for 3 weapons for 20 bucks people would go crazy.

Also the bit about the keys. Having them difficult to obtain but being much cheaper than the weapons just counters your first point.

Wat... doubling its price is not even close to 100€

37vpg.jpg

For 45€ you get 1000 platinums, a thunderbolt, (800 Plat I believe?) 3 rare and strong weapons... you won't even need other weapons, oh and plus a smoke color pack

After all that you will still have 200 platinum remaining to buy potatoes and slots, I say it's worth it and I would buy it if we had a proper credit card that I could use on the internet.

Buy a gift card, those are basically debit cards.

So you're saying that 3 weapons, 1 dye pack, and a cash shop only mod is worth that of brand new game?  Congratulations, you're the reason why we can't have nice things.

Well, you are playing a brand new game for free so......

Edited by Mak_Gohae

3 weps + colour = one full priced game.

Yeah, a bit over priced.

Oh, but HUR DUR I bought it anyways. I wonder how many of those being extremely vocal about this don't have jobs or are under 18? Because really, disposable income is kinda nice you know. =P

ITT: Many people who have a lot of disposable income and don't know the value of money to those without it (I suspect upper class citizens and their children, since economic mobility is actually pretty crappy in most countries lately), and some people who would think it was too much if it were any price above maybe 5 dollars.

It's overpriced to those who are not lucky at birth to be in an economically productive environment and still want to enjoy games like this. It is a non-issue for those with significant disposable incomes.

I would like to additionally say here, in case you're not understanding half of my point: the way the economy works, at least in America and much of Europe and the UK, will keep the low-income-born stuck in the low income positions because of many issues including educational inequality, price of college education and inability of even acquiring loans etc, and far too many other reasons to just give you quickly.

Ignoring the people who are there or pretending they're all just cheap and greedy is incorrect. Note: I am lucky enough to not be in this bracket, but I have researched the economy as it affects education and differing economic classes. It's upsetting.

Was this a tangent? Yes. But perhaps at least one person will read this and wonder "hey, maybe I don't know what money is worth and how it affects people who didn't grow up like I did" and research it. Many will probably think I'm wrong and an idiot without so much as a bit of evidence either way, because they don't really care.

I got the package and whilst I love the weapons, I wish I didn't. First mission I did, I ran out with my brand new scythe, joined a game, we killed the stalker and I got the Despair Blueprint, can't help but feel a bit ripped at that, but hey, I knew what I was buying. 

I just bought on impulse really, even after telling myself no, but I wanted Excal Prime, bought founders and well... it was just there. 

Don't buy it. It's severely overpriced. Everything is, but that package is moreso.

I was about to buy it, and after talking to some people in my squad and clan (during a mission), they had me convinced.

Then we ran into stalker, and I got hate... built it that same day, and rushed it (stupid, stupid, stupid, though it was worth it), so I didn't end up buying the pack. The weps are definitely nice, but not 800 plat nice.