Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Small Idea] Let Us Use Formas To Detach Potatoes?

Aeshi

Simply put, what if we could use a Forma to detatch a Reactor/Catalyst from a piece of equipment without destroying either? Would help make Formas a bit more useful, since right now they tend to become rather useless once you have more than a handful.

I suggested some form of unslotting, and was pretty immediately shot down. I actually agree with this, they didn't have Forma though when I suggested something similar IIRC though.

For what it's worth, that was what I was expecting to happen to this thread. Didn't think the idea would prove to be this popular.

Thanks for the support/upvotes everyone!

EDIT:

Make Forma cost 10 or 15 plats and implament this

But then why not just invest that extra 5-10 plat and get a new Reactor/Catalyst?

Edited by Aeshi

I like this idea.

I think the price is fair.

Admitedly, I have no plans to join a clan and start dojo farming, but even if I did...1 forma cost for a spud respec sounds perfectly reasonable, but expensive enough that you'd have to really think about doing it.

They just need to add in more types of polarity slots, like ones that empower the mod in the slot, rather than reduce the mod cost.... and things like that

That way its worth more than just what, at 2 or 3 max formas per weapon, and 4 on a frame

So spend the chance at a new polarity slot (which I can potentially use to spare myself 6/7 energy anyway) with a resource I can only get through alerts, void runs or 20 platinum (the price of a potato). A resource also used in clan construction and clan tech weapon construction.

Am I the only one that finds this counter intuitive? Not forma, make something else that isn't universally required while sharing the same platinum cost.

It could have a blueprint, it could be alert based also, it could cost 10 platinum. Make the blueprint cost 100k like the Sentinels or something. I'm not using my 20 platinum forma on a potato. While they're easier to obtain there is an equal drain on these and I can only see this becoming a contradictory move that then makes people want to remove their formas too with the next type of potato. .-.

The reason I state this is because I can't ever see this happening. We'd all be inclined to keep 1 forma but DE would make no return in the process. We'd never have to spend platinum on potatoes. Either that or I've completely mistaken the purpose, in which case I apologize.

Edited by Meepsauce

Great suggestion, but I really don't want yet another use for forma. Right now, Forma is already used for:

-Polarising weapons (up to 8 times for most weapons, and even more if you change your mind).

-Building clan rooms

-Building research weapons

Introduce another item to fulfill this function, or introduce another item to replace Forma in building, and then we can proceed with this.

Simply put, what if we could use a Forma to detatch a Reactor/Catalyst from a piece of equipment without destroying either? Would help make Formas a bit more useful, since right now they tend to become rather useless once you have more than a handful.

+1 for this great idea.

umm forma cost 20 plat... potato costs 20 plat.............................. i understand if u can find a bp but i mean using them to polarize is good enough with me i mean really its not even that great just use 20 more god damn plat and ur fine! i mean its a good way for the company to make more money!

umm forma cost 20 plat... potato costs 20 plat.............................. i understand if u can find a bp but i mean using them to polarize is good enough with me i mean really its not even that great just use 20 more god damn plat and ur fine! i mean its a good way for the company to make more money!

Shhhh.... too much logic in this thread!

Nah no let the money be made...

This comes in handy for those players who don't have money...

Edited by Ystella

Why use a forma to do this?

I mean, I'm all for an item that can de-potato stuff, but forma is used in for a lot of things, clans included.

It's also the same cost as a potato.

Using forma for this just seems like a pointless waste :\