Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Drop Rates] Diminishing Drops Over Play Time, Daily

Lumireaver

My dearest DE, why do I love you so? You promised to deliver to me an experience unlike any other, and what's more, you promised to deliver it free of charge. This risk that you've taken is not one to be understated. While many of your competitors charge their patrons for exclusive toys and trinkets, you, most noble of free to play developers, have promised to give absolutely anyone a chance to acquire almost everything as long as they're willing to remain at the mercy of the random number god. I'm sure that this sentiment is one of the many reasons your numerous followers respect and support you. (The first thing, not the random number thing. That bit has been the subject of... volatile discussion all this weekend.)

In light of recent discoveries (of uncertain veracity) concerning the abysmally slim chances for the average player to acquire certain things, I'd first like to request on behalf of the community that actual drop rates be disclosed. It's been perceived as a breach of trust, I feel, because our only source of such critical information comes from an outsider.

DE_Steve has stated numerous times that the RNG is due for some kind of overhaul. Details as to the kinds of changes he might have in mind have eluded us, so naturally it's been difficult for us to throw our suggestions forward. Most of us understand, or feel that "rarity" is being used to both prolong gameplay and incentivize plat purchases. This isn't an ideal solution. 

Neither is DE going out of business.

(First, let's assume that Mission End rewards weren't shared for the entire group, and instead everyone got their own individual roll. Combined with squad trading, and so forth, naturally.) What if it were made so that as a player played more throughout the day/week, their odds of rolling rarer loot tiers decreased? (...Assuming that Steve's planned changes are going to make things more common...?) Inversely, theirs odds of pulling other things like higher leveled Fusion Cores would increase, so it wouldn't be all bad. Loot time would be ignored for players buying drop boosters, or whatever. This wouldn't detrimentally affect casual players, and it might even be beneficial of hard core players who might not necessarily need the kinds of things their first hour of the day would normally yield.

I don't know, just brainstorming. Disregard turgid DE fanaticism if it doesn't suit you. ;-(

edit: And disregard the loot tables thing, DE has said twice that they don't plan on releasing them.

Edited by Lumireaver

indubitably my astute gentleman.

DE must illuminate us, their adoring public, of the most finer details of their trusted RNG secrets.

i ponder my dear chap as to why they did not disclose such most scrumptious information to us in the inception of their communication efforts.

i would graciously accept  everlasting silky papyrus inked pages of all the changes and hearty innovations the team  had concocted.

(writing like this is fun i must say )

Edited by TisEric

On the surface this seems like a good idea to me. I've got over two hundred hours of game play behind me and have never once seen the mythical barrel diffusion mod for the pistol or rifle. (they do exist right?) For me at least I can tell you with confidence that it wouldn't have even impacted the amount of money I have put into the game. I would just have a better weapon, which I think would be good.

Well this would help out players quite a bit in my opinion, the increased rarity of the fusion cores in paticular~ I feel that as it stands now the player goes and farms Xini, not for a paticular mod... but for mods as a whole. Implementation of your methods would allow people to not just farm the same mission but broaden the spectrum of available routes to obtain said amount of fusion cores.

It also helps the player base that can only spend a limited number of hours a week playing Warframe, simply because they will have the same number (or at least remotely close) of rarer mods (Continuity, Barrel Diffusion etc etc...) So I am all thumbs up for this~

Sadly it seems something like this is already in the works. Myself and others have noticed diminishing returns on resource drops during defense missions lately. The higher you go the less you get until no resources are dropped at all. This seems backwards and rewards quitting early rather than challenging yourself and your team to go higher.

Personally, I'm opposed to this for the reasons above as well as the fact that as it prevents dedicated players from helping to carry smaller clans comprised of mostly casual players and coupled with the current resource grind would create player outflow.

Rare 5 fusion cores used to drop like candy- this is no longer the case, they were hard-nerf'd and are now super-rare. Most of us have come to accept that we'll be using a lot more common 1's(Can we just have these removed from the game please? Pretty please? =3 Or at least scale mods better- getting common 1 fusion cores on pluto is absurd. ), common 3's and uncommon 5's to upgrade our mods. I'd like to see rare 5's a little less rare, i understand i shouldn't be able to get 20 of them from 30 waves on Callisto, but the current drop rates are probably as bad as the forma (note not forma blueprints) on tier 2 void runs(0.5% according to the dataminers).