Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggest A Warframe For Me.

Ground.Zero

Question

I'm pretty new to this game, only level 1 and a half and I'm currently rank 14 on Excalibur. I'm in search of a new warframe (I'd like one which compliments the use of PARIS as I'd like to be able to deal strong damage but requires a certain amount of skill to play) and not hard to master, as excalibur feels a little too easy to play at certain times considering you can wipe out a whole room of enemies with ease using radial javalin.

Cheers. :)

22 answers to this question

Banshee/Loki for Paris.

Loki is stealth and crowd control (you won't find any damage abilities on him but he can cloak and distract)

Banshee is stealth and damage (she can't decoy or full cloak like Loki but has strong AOE and can disrupt enemy awareness)

Banshee, seen as though she's a stealthy frame and the paris is a stealth weapon. They even sell them together in a pack. She has a silence skill that helps with stealth and other abilities. But with the recent 'nerf' to her sound quake it requires more skill to play so that could be down your alley.

The only other option I guess would be loki with his invisibility skills. I'd watch akamikeb on youtube's videos on the two in which he explains their skills etc ('Warframe - Crash Course ---'.) Bearing in mind those may have been tweaked since he posted the video.

Edited by Uyie

Take a look in Banshee, Loki and Ash.

Banshee seems to fit you, but its Sound Quake is waaaay stronger than Excalibur's Radial Javelin (you said it was a problem).

Loki is really fast and stealthy (invisibility and teleport skills). Decoy is useful for this kind of game style too.

Ash is the ninja of the game, it has some decent skills too.

There's a couple of things here. You've asked for requires a certain amount of skill to play but not hard to master, which are two competing extremes. Given that you've suggested Mag and Volt, it looks like you're considering warframes with utility powers. 

The thing is, Banshee and Loki are still the best choices for this, especially fitting your chosen use of Paris. Not Mag. Not Volt. You can certainly use those frames, but...

Banshee's silence power has already been mentioned. What hasn't is the fact that she has a power which highlights a part of enemies' bodies. If you hit the highlighted body part, you do massive extra damage. Your Paris is a high damage precision weapon. Think about it.

Loki works because he can place a decoy, drawing attention away from you, and he can stealth. He can also place the decoy and switch teleport with it to reach high level elevations, out of the way areas - good sniper positions, in other words. That's why a Loki with Paris works.

Mag and Volt don't have the same force multipliers for a Paris loadout. They can work - I rather like Volt as a warframe, actually. But if everyone's answering your question with 'get Banshee or Loki', then...well, there's reasons why people are saying that, yeah?

Ash has the invisibility, but he's more a 'rush enemies and murder things' warframe. Saryn has a decoy like Loki, but she's more of a jack-of-all trades (jill of all trades?) warframe that fights at multiple ranges. I know that there were some issues popping Venom spores with Paris, which I think were fixed, but I'm not sure. If it works right, Paris would be a good weapon to hit Saryn's Venom, I guess, but then again the range advantage of the bow is negated if you're close enough to place a Venom to begin with.

Edited by Acyl

Thank you for a highly detailed and explanative response. I'm considering a toss up between Banshee and Loki after thinking about it for a while.

Since I'm at an impass I'm going to let the next drop decide for me, since I've already got a few blueprints for each warframe so I'll let the drop system decide for me, whichever completes first! :)

Thank you for a highly detailed and explanative response. I'm considering a toss up between Banshee and Loki after thinking about it for a while.

Since I'm at an impass I'm going to let the next drop decide for me, since I've already got a few blueprints for each warframe so I'll let the drop system decide for me, whichever completes first! :)

You'll likely never get one by not intentionally farming.

Unless you are one of those lucky sobs that get all BP's in 3 - 4 runs.

You might just wanna make a choice and stick with it, or just get both.

I recieved two blueprints for banshees chassis? the body component anyway in two runs, and then one for volt shortly after. This was without knowing which dropped which, then I looked at the wiki and it turns out banshee is random and volt is jupiter (I think?) so I'll just keep playing and see what rears its head.

If you are thinking about Loki you should just start another account and try it, easier and faster than hunt for all the blueprints/resources.

You could use this time for Banshee bps hunting (which are harder to get imo, since there isn't a specific boss that drops all its blueprints).

I like Paris/Dread on Banshee.

I use the following skills:

Sonar - Marks all enemies within skill range with their weak spot. When you shoot the marked spot (looks like an orange ball) the enemy will take a lot more damage than they usually do, and (if I remember correct) will you will have a higher chance of making a critical hit on the marked area.

Sonic Boom - This is a cheap "panic button" for when the enemies comes too close. This skill has a long range and pushes the enemies back and knocks them down. when they are down, just fill them with arrows.

Sound Quake - Big as hell AoE that does damage will active, "stuns" the enemy and does a slight knock back. it's a strong killer skill and a super strong "panic button" for when you can't handle the masses of enemies with Paris/Dread.

i don't think there are any viable skills that are skillful. 

the only strong classes have strong aoe abilities. Strongest classes are Vauban, Nyx, and Ember.

Vauban and Nyx's strong abilities scale best with high level enemies. But in addition to probably the strongest aoe ability for low to mid levels, ember has a relatively energy cheap, oh S#&$ button,overheat, that will let you revive downed enemies, or if swarmed will let you take out enemies from close range with Paris's thunderbolt without killing yourself. Of the three, Vauban has the highest sprint speed, followed by Nyx, followed by ember. Aesthetically, i would say Ember is the most flamboyant, Nyx is very plane jane, and Vauban is somewhere inbetween. 

If skillful play is the most important thing to you, and your less concerned with being good at clearing content, i would just rely on weapons maybe use the loki because he can take the least amount of damage, and also has the fastest sprint speed. Or another way of looking at it, is the most skillful weapons, the Paris, the Torid, deal splash damage or can deal splash damage and will be easy to hurt yourself with, so maybe a class that has some invincibility or massive damage reduction would be more desirable, the Rhino, Ember, or Trinity. 

Edited by aTaVaX

I'm pretty new to this game, only level 1 and a half and I'm currently rank 14 on Excalibur. I'm in search of a new warframe (I'd like one which compliments the use of PARIS as I'd like to be able to deal strong damage but requires a certain amount of skill to play) and not hard to master, as excalibur feels a little too easy to play at certain times considering you can wipe out a whole room of enemies with ease using radial javalin.

Cheers. :)

well you have to take damage and aim careful. so i would say rhino is the best choice for you. so you can aim in piece and shot right in weak spots