The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Drop Since U18

CONISSAH

This problem is extremely frustrating. I went from 60fps all day to dipping in the 20's in Draco. It only started happening after U18. It literally makes me not want to play. I have tried verifying cache, resetting display settings, optimizing, new driver etc. Nothing works. Running a 3570k at 4.3 GHz and a 780 ti. I see no reason as to why I should not be able to run this game maxed. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know, cause I'm fed up with the low fps. 

yeah a lot of people are having this issue... I'm no techie but tell me how your frames look when you play solo... cause my system isn't that great but I'm getting like 45 solo and like... 10-15 with other people

I'm in the same boat, already contacted customer support too but no response yet.. . Hoping for a fix soon.

My post regarding fps drops - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/582453-fps-drops-random-crash-as-well/

I seemed to have resolved the issue. I was running driver 359.06 and this driver doesn't like U18. I reverted to 358.91 and it runs flawlessly. Have yet to try 361.43, but I'm staying 358 for a while since I know it works. Also tested on my laptop which took a huge hit, and it didn't completely fix the issue, but it made the game playable at 45+ fps instead of low 20's. See if this fixes anyone else's issue. 

This problem is extremely frustrating. I went from 60fps all day to dipping in the 20's in Draco. It only started happening after U18. It literally makes me not want to play. I have tried verifying cache, resetting display settings, optimizing, new driver etc. Nothing works. Running a 3570k at 4.3 GHz and a 780 ti. I see no reason as to why I should not be able to run this game maxed. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know, cause I'm fed up with the low fps. 

Its GPU usage issue. This is what looks like mine in mission.

04Yr0uA.jpg

This is not, how Defense IV 40 minutes in should looks like.

Edited by JustSneaky

04Yr0uA.jpg

Mine was doing the same thing. All 4 cores on my CPU were maxed and I was barely touching 20% on my GPU. Since reverting it dropped my CPU usages to 70-80% and GPU is at 40-50%. Still not where they need to be, but it fixed my issue and was hoping it would help others.

I guess its at least somewhat nice to see this isn't just me
Same problem here, was rock solid 60 yesterday and now its like 20-50 today in game (2015.12.17.17.07)

Rolled back my driver and that mildly helped, at least got it up to 60 occasionally but whatever was changed really messed up the game for me

Never had any issue like this before in warframe so hopefully it will be fixed soon :S

Not sure what happened but the issue seems to have resolved itself :/
Wish I could provide more help for you guys 

Edited by Engrall

• 2 weeks later...

04Yr0uA.jpg

YUP This is a real issue. GPU usage doesn't do hardly anything, my card never goes over 300mhz. I get more than 60fps all the time, but there is definitely something wrong because I used to get 500+ fps not ~100...

And~

I also played with the graphics options a little bit. Changed resolution, all settings to low, all settings to high/on/max etc. Frame rate seems to be about the same, GPU usage about the same... No V-Sync, no frame limiters enabled...

Edited by Krang2013

• 4 weeks later...

For the curiosity I ran Draco in Ceres. And I experienced a minor fps drops which lasts for 1-2 seconds and usually it occurs when enemies spawn to those small rooms. I'm not sure is it with specific enemy cause this doesn't happen always. it's kinda similar effect as with Acolytes when they froze or dip your fps when they spawned. Regarding Acolytes it was fixed with hotfix couple days later.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/601492-anyone-else-getting-dc-as-client-when-an-acolyte-spawns/

The same fps dip appears when I'm on Uranus Defense missions where you have a moving target you need to protect (eg. in Sortie). When a round ends and the target teleports to next location, I get 1-2 sec fps dip - presumably just when the first enemies spawn. It doesn't happen on every round. Video is kinda boring to watch but you see the timing when those fps dips appear. First dip comes after @1:20 the second one after @5:16.

In gpu-z it looks like this:

If8bcyo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/If8bcyo.jpg

The last fps dip at right side of the graph is loading screen after finishing the mission followed alt-tabbing to desktop to take a screenshot.

And I'm using the latest nVidia Game Ready Drivers v. 361.75 aka "Rise of The Tomb Raider" drivers. Otherwise game runs perfectly.

If needed I can provide more info about my system and ee.log files.

Edited by carnaga

I don't know if this problem was solved or not, but I still suffer from FPS drop when I'm not playing solo. Does anybody found out what's happening or how can I solve this issue.

I don't know if the OP got his issue solved, but the issue with massive (and prolonged) stints with low FPS was fixed when the devs returned to work.

I had similar issues like the OP, usually run up to 200 fps, but was doing 10-15fps over the holidays. OP should update his thread if he got his issue sorted.

vlcsnap-00075forkq.png

I managed to negate the problem regarding fps dips I experienced earlier. Ok. it's not like the OP or @MillbrookWest had with prolonged fps drops (I would go crazy if I had those) but with a small 1-2 sec fps dips or hiccups that nulls the gpu.

I tested in several missions, even in the defense mission at Uranus (sortie) where I had previously fps dips randomly between waves. In my case it's now fixed. Can't say for sure which setting was the culprit: disabling steam's 'passive' broadcast thing, forcing physx to gpu or setting gpu power management to performance mode. Previously (before U18.4 ?) warframe worked flawlessly with default settings by nVidia.

Sortie 2 - Uranus Defense | no fps dip's

yTtXXnf.jpg

Sortie 3 Interception | no fps dip's

bT2KFHL.jpg

Excavation | no fps dips

VnEirYh.jpg

Edited by carnaga