Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack Of Rewards

Tent27

Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing but I agree with you.......I swear im insane after 90 or so Everest runs.

remember the chances reduce the more you get BPs.... thats why when youre a noob you shouldnt sell the BPs

I can count on not getting anything good Alerted when I'm home, and having things like the Dark Sword (on a Sunday morning! WTF) when I'm not at home, or I'm asleep, or it's the weekend when I have time for other things.  https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts/status/341233506057322496  Oh yeah, OR a Warframe Helmet drops when I am home, but the mission is totally bugged for me and many others (according to the forums at the time).  Opening a ticket didn't do anything other than, "Yes, we are aware."  Thanks, DE, thanks a bunch.

Yeah, I think I may be done with this game.  There's just no payoff any longer, and the best things are acquired by completely dumb RNG luck; there is no skill, teamwork, or anything required, only dumb, lucky timing.  I basically have a browser window open on one monitor with the Twitter WarframeAlerts up, hitting refresh every so often.  Other than that, I basically don't play anymore.

Edited by PessimusMaximus

RNG is RNG.

Because of the simple fact that it IS random, there will be times that it seems like you aren't getting S#&$ and there will be times that there are 3 potato alerts within 6 hours.

Random is random, and even the low percent occurrences can happen.

But it isnt truly random....look at the "RNG" numbers that they data mined for endless def..... most mods are not even listed on the rewards, the few good ones have a 0.15% chance to show up while Hellfire is at 19%

The other issue for some of the way they have setup RNG is how the math works

if you do an endless def you get a base number, your first reward falls into that....say you fall in the middle of hellfire at 5.5%, your number is....each reward wave your given a boost of the same ammount, say.... 0.85% this time around (it changes slightly per mission, but once set its always the same for each reward wave)

So at 10 your now at 6.35% (still hellfire)

15  7.2% (still hellfire)

20  8.05% (still hellfire)

At this time you no longer can get anything but hellfire till you do wave 50 or so

This is why you see hellfire pop up 4 or 5 times in a row

Also now that people have "stolen" the data numbers and posted them, by wave 10 or 15 you can pretty much know the way the math is going, and could figure out what reward you will get at  wave 20,25, 30 so on...it really needs to be changed

On top of that for a high end endless def there is zero chance for a T1 void key, or T2 void key but a 0.15% chance for a T3 void key

thats not RNG, thats ultra rare, being that you get T3 keys from endless, or buying them for 75 plat and get 4 useless T1 keys along with it

There is zero chance to get a T3 key in a teir 2 wave def reward (levels 20ish at start)

Not sure if im allowed to post a link to another forms here or not, the ones that have all the numbers and data, just google Warframe Endless Def Datamine or something

Please, stop complaining. I know that seeing constant bad alerts sucks (2k credit alerts are way too common) but whining about it isn't going to help anything. DE is aware that the RNG in alerts is an issue and they'll address it eventually.

Well you know what,

I can guarantee you I will NEVER, EVER in my life time see 3 potato alerts. I will never get anything good, because the reward system is skewed and has no way of giving you anything or even compensating for when you constantly get S#&$ luck.

Except just a few weeks ago there were 3 potato alerts in the same morning.

I managed to miss ALL of them, but that's my fault.

Please, stop complaining. I know that seeing constant bad alerts sucks (2k credit alerts are way too common) but whining about it isn't going to help anything. DE is aware that the RNG in alerts is an issue and they'll address it eventually.

IT's no longer RNG when you CONSTANTLY get the SAME OUTCOME. They're not even big credit rewards either, just S#&$ty 2k that I can make on one mission. S#&$'s messed up.

remember the chances reduce the more you get BPs.... thats why when youre a noob you shouldnt sell the BPs

Im sorry but I thought that only applied to Cronus. Also, I was after systems, only 1 in about 10 missions resulted in any BP let alone the one I was after, which btw took me over 150 runs to get.

I know to many this sounds like complaining but it is also frustration. I am not big on math or statistics but just a common person playing a game, when you get consistently almost the same amount of credits on alerts time after time that does not seem random to me. It also seems like BP drops from bosses have gone the way of the Dodo. I farmed for the boss that drops (or is suppose to drop anyway) the Mag BP all day yesterday and I mean that's all I did yesterday and not one BP drop. Now as one person said I know the DE's are aware of the problem but some of us just need to vent our frustration in a constructive manner by giving examples of what has happen to us. So please don't brush us off as whiny people.

I think part of the take-away on this is to consider, how many alerts there are that most people are going to simply bypass and ignore.  We want the content to be engaging, and perhaps this puts a bit more pressure on looking at the alert system when we can see so easily how it is lacking now.

Maybe instead of random alerts that don't have rewards or that people can miss, a daily mission type of setup that people can attempt once for a minor type reward (rare mod/artifact/resource) and a weekly mission that grants a better reward (frame/weapon/potato/forma blueprints)

Just speaking personally, I've never been a fan of dailies, but thats just me and because I don't like having this itching feeling that if I don't get on I know for a fact I will miss it, rather than randomization that if I decided not to play and nothing came up on my phone I'd know I'm not missing anything.

Again thats just an opinion and feeling of mine, and not really justification that there should not be dailies added in the future.