Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There's A New Tenno Headed Your Way...

NinjaDuckie

...it's the Grineer.

Hello! I played Warframe a very long time ago, back when it was just taking its first steps into gamehood. But alas, my laptop at that time was incapable of doing much more than stuttering. It could barely handle Unreal Tournament '99. So, I abandoned all hope of trying to play what otherwise seemed like a pretty cool game.

But times change, and so I built myself a gaming pc a few years ago, and picked Warframe back up again this year, 2015! And I've had a lot of fun with it, with friends (not so much with randoms but I guess it's an acquired taste) and solo. I spent far too much of my hard-earned cash on platinum (patiently waiting for a 50% discount each time at the very least) and bought some frames and weapons because I'm a derp and don't have time / patience to grind properly.

So when I first joined I picked Loki because it said "Advanced Players Only" and I was like "IT CAN'T BE THAT HARD" and almost immediately suffered for that choice, but over time I've come to understand the purpose of the frame and now, despite owning several, Loki is still the one I use the most. Highest agility and invisibility? Yes!? Nothing says 'space ninja' to me like a literally invisible wraith leaping about all over the place.

Anyway, what I really like about WF so far boils down to three things:

1) Lore. This game is packed full of it. The Orokin language, the history behind the major factions, it's all got so much work put into it, I adore it! I've just the other day completed the Second Dream with the aid of some friends and it's marvellous stuff. I can't wait to see where the story heads next.

2) Equipment and customisation. Holy moly there's a lot to find in this game. I've only got seven frames and a few primaries but my melee weapon collection is steadily building. Only a few at max rank, but who can blame me when I'm obsessed with a 6-foot sword that causes people to explode?

3) Community. I've spoken to lots of random individuals in the relays and everyone is more or less on the same level - fun. It's mostly about having fun. And that's a really great thing to see in a community for any game, especially a F2P one that's as accessible as WF is. Really inspiring thing. So I thought I better check in on the forums and actually chip in.

NinjaDuckie's the name, used to hearing anything from 'Nin' to 'Ducks' so go nuts with it. 24, Brit, PC player and Ninja enthusiast. I've been playing about a bit with TennoGen but not getting anywhere spectacular with it, just messing around for now really. Decided to get more involved with the community after seeing tonight's Power Ivarangers lineup at Larunda 1:

2z3zyoh.jpg

Welp, didn't mean to ramble. Or perhaps I did. Anyway, that's my introduction. Stay frosty, space ninjas - see you in the void.

• 2 weeks later...