The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Focus Or Not To Focus? That Is The Question ...

(PSN)oooitstragic

Question

I enjoyed the second dream immensely but wasn't overly pleased with the outcome, I won't go into the reasons why as they have already been discussed by many in the forums already,

To continue my own personal enjoyment of the game I've decided to turn off the speech and to ignore the character who currently resides in the back of my liset.

I have a focus lens though ... I would be grateful for your opinions on whether I would be at a major disadvantage at the moment or in the future of the game if I decide not to use the focus powers, what do you reckon?

Thanks for reading.

7 answers to this question

Depends on the School. If you have Vazarin, you can heal yourself and allies the same way Trinity blesses, always handy in my opinion. If you don't, try to trade it for Vazarin.

Aside from personal preference, why not "use" it? Just equip it on a frame, play like any other mission and collect Focus along the way. As for myself, I only "farm" resources, so unlike others who actually farm Focus and meet their daily cap in 1 or 2 runs, I don't do that, it just doesn't feel like a game anymore.

Some focus schools are pretty powerful already,and a focus overhaul is coming in early 2016,so you better start using it xd

Because some schools are OP already,all have tons of potential,and with the overhaul I think you would just hobble yourself by not using it

Some focus schools are pretty powerful already,and a focus overhaul is coming in early 2016,so you better start using it xd

Because some schools are OP already,all have tons of potential,and with the overhaul I think you would just hobble yourself by not using it

Further to this, you won't lose anything by investing in the wrong direction; DE have stated that they will be doing a Focus re-spec, undoing all Focus purchases and refunding the points to players, so they can reassign them as they see fit.

Thanks for the quick replies, 

So it seems that I would be at a disadvantage then.

I haven't taken much notice of how focus works so if anyone could sum up focus in a nut shell for me that would be very helpful. I have one naramon lens, is it best to equip it on a warframe or a weapon? 

I have all warframes except Ivara, which warframe would be a good choice for the lens?

You start out with a Focus meter bottom right, next to your ammo counter. The dial fills up over time, and when full, you can press (default) 5 to activate your Focus power. These powers can be upgraded by spending Focus points, and Focus points can also be spent to unlock passives (which are only active in the mission after you have activated your 5th at least once).

Focus points are obtained by using lenses.

When you install a lens on a frame, as long as the frame is rank 30:

All affinity from kills with the frame will contribute 5% of the affinity towards Focus points, in the school of the lens

All affinity from kills with weapons will contribute 2.5% of the affinity towards Focus points, in the school of the lens

When you install a lens on a weapon, as long as the weapon is rank 30:

All kills with the weapon will contribute 2.5% of the affinity towards Focus points, in the school of the lens

Greater lenses contribute 40% more, with a 7% or 3.5% conversion.

Lenses cannot be recovered, and are single use. You can get more from Sorties or trading, and can obtain greater lenses by crafting or buying from the market for 40pl.

You can change schools, but you have to earn 50,000 Focus points in the new school, by installing that school's lens, to unlock use of the new ability in missions.