The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus And Warframe Power Kills

Dhansak

Question

Looking at the focus page on the wiki, it gives very clear breakdown of how focus xp is accrued (percentage-wise)with location of lenses on frames and/or weapons.

However I am have trouble isolating which frame power kills count towards focus xp. Initially I wrongly assumed that all power kills counted. Then I thought only the 4th abilities didn't count. Wrong again I gather!

Is there somewhere on the wiki (or elsewhere) that lists which powers count?  I'm not looking for an efficiency or farming guides just a way of finding out this basic re power kills.

Unfortunately I have only one lens to place so can't test every frame for myself hence all help appreciated. Thanks.

6 answers to this question

All ability kills attribute affinity to the frame for Focus purposes.

The exceptions:

Some abilities which generate a weapon - the ability-weapon is coded as a weapon, and as such, only gives halved Focus.

Molecular Prime - The credit for the kills goes to the weapon/frame which triggers the chain reaction.

Any particular frame you have questions about?

Edited by Kthal

Kthal - thanks for the info. It was the exception rules that were fooling me - "weapon coded abilities" - most helpful and insightful, thank you! Xmas family stuff is about to sweep me away, but later I will go through my frames and try and figure which powers may fall into the weapons category e.g. I would guess that Ember's fireball would not, whilst Ash's Shuriken would?

Anyway - will return after Xmas with a list of best guesses!

JSharpie - I was under the impression that focus xp is only acquired by kills (weapon or frame) - unlike regular affinity as you pointed out

Happy Hols All :)

but later I will go through my frames and try and figure which powers may fall into the weapons category e.g. I would guess that Ember's fireball would not, whilst Ash's Shuriken would?

Both are 'frame abilities'.

By 'weapon abilities' I meant Exalted Blade, Peacemakers, Artemis Bow, and the such. Abilities which create and equip a weapon.

My advice: build a run Excalibur, go to Draco, 4 rounds later, you've hit the daily cap

For sake of posterity to break up confusion, this is pure hyperbole. I have an Excal and have been running Draco for Deflied Snapdragon and never have I gotten more than 1k if I am lucky- then again I don't make a habit of trying to get every single kill so that could be why. 

It's worth mentioning though that Warframes get a percentage of weapon kill XP so you can rest assured that you will at least be getting some progress with whatever Warframe you choose. I currently am running a Loki with a silenced Vectis and the stealth xp boost per kill is doing wonders for me so that I can grind at a comfortable pace without going cross eyed or cramping anyone elses style. This may be changed in the future, but for now that's what works for me at least. Best of luck to ya :D.

(EDITED BECAUSE I FAIL AT THE QUOTE TAG)

Edited by (PS4)El__Lobo_Loco