The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats The New Meta?

(PSN)Daikon177

Question

Im returning to warframe and its been a while, i was mr16 and that was the highest you could get when i was last into this game and a lot has changed so i could use a few pointers on whats the new meta. For example most of my rifles have heavy caliber on them but i hear most are using hammer shot or other mods instead? Thats just an example im sure theres other things that have changed too. I know this is a pretty general question but id appreciate any help you all are willing to give

12 answers to this question

See that gun in the market labeled Tonkor? Buy it, slap Point Strike and Vital Sense on it, and watch in glee as hordes of heavy enemies get critted into oblivion.

Beyond that... Equinox is hard to get but I'm told xe's a God of Draco-farming, Energy is still easily obtainable through EV Trin...

Oh! Draco, Ceres, is basically your one stop shop for affinity and mods and stuff. If you care about meta, you'll spend the rest of your life there.

Look up some videos on Youtube..... Mogamu and Headshot are a couple of different guys that do great videos on weapon/warframe modding.  You can also use www.warframe-builder.com but it's inaccurate on a lot of the weapons and makes some weapons look better than they actually are and vice versa.

If you care about meta, you'll spend the rest of your life there.

You could do that ..... or you could do some, I don't know, FUN stuff!

Yeah thats how i feel about it but thats just something i heard mogamu say on a vid

You shouldn't have the exact same build on all of your rifles anyway.  Each weapon has it's own strength and weaknesses and sure, you may have similar builds on several rifles but there is no "end all be all"  cookie cutter build for any type of weapon in this game.

I'm surprised how nobody talked about ember yet. Ash, Excalibur and Ember are the new meta frames that I see a lot in draco lately (and ember in ANY public exterminate mission so far) because of their 4th abilities that just kill stuff while you're sipping your tea. Also, in a corpus mission (sorties mostly) Mag seems to be a recurrent frame.

Some other changes that you might've missed: greedy pull no longer works for teammates, so GMag is replaced by EV Trin. Mesa has been nerfed to death (according to peacemaker campers, that is) so she's pretty much replaced by Ember because of her buff. Ivara is a new contestant to Loki in stealth missions. Valkyr seems to have acquired a bigger boost of invincibility by making Hysteria a toggleable power. Excalibur has become highly viable end-game, since his rework with Exalted Blade.

Now, weapons: Coptering is no more, so melee weapons are actually weapons that you use to fight. Dakra prime, one of the best single swords is rekt by a new sword, but saying which is kind of a spoiler. Tonkor is a monster that kills every damn thing, like S.T.M.P.D said. Shotguns have received a buff, so (sancti) Tigris and (Vaykor) Hek may be weapons you wanna use. Rakta Cernos is another beast, that rivals Paris Prime and Dread. 

Can't think of anything else, even if there may be a lot of things left to say.

Alright all good info so far, ive completed second dream so i know what weapon your talking about and yeah that thing is a beast! And i still cant get over warframe having story missions, really good ones at that!

Ok so heres a question for you guys my elemtal set up is still corrosive and heat for infested and void, radiation and viral for grineer and magnetic an toxin for corpus. Is that still the combos to go with?