Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Goes Nuts, Offers Access To Other People's Accounts (News) [Valve Responded]

Monsterwithin

But that's not the case at all.

I don't see the point of people saying "haha, take THAT, Steam users, you got haxxed after all!" when basically every other service has had the same thing happen, and then become mysteriously silent when it happens to them.

People laugh at others expense when it is not their expense.

I think the issue has been resolved.

Just checked the store, it's no longer in Russian and the cached page info of others is not invading me.

None of my info has been changed, which is great, but if I were any of you, I would be wary of spam e-mails in the near future. I believe e-mail info was among the info leaked.

Oh, and this, a snippet from the article the OP posted I believe:

"UPDATE 3 (8:25pm): Valve has finally commented on today’s events, sending a statement to Kotaku this evening:

Steam is back up and running without any known issues. As a result of a configuration change earlier today, a caching issue allowed some users to randomly see pages generated for other users for a period of less than an hour. This issue has since been resolved. We believe no unauthorized actions were allowed on accounts beyond the viewing of cached page information and no additional action is required by users."

So, yeah. I think we're all good now.

A cache error is not hacking either.

"cache error" nice excuse there. just so happened to happen on Christmas day (for the US anyway). Totally coincidental. Nothing to see here.

This is exactly the kind of cover up a dishonest business uses to avoid having to give compensation for there lack of security. At least when it happened to Sony they owned up and dealt with it. Sad to say, today is the day steam management shows there true colours.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen