The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Sound Stops And Quests Not Completing/advancing

Remel

So, I recently installed Warframe to my PC and started playing.

During the beginning quests I started to notice the sound would completely die out toward the middle or after the mission and the picture of whoever was talking at the time would just stay on the screen. I.E. Lotus would stay in her little box on the left just silently judging my game play, or Ordis would just stay on the screen on the ship.

Then after the quest and sound stoppage, I would add the ship components, from the beginning quests to restore the ship, and the little quest icon to put the piece in would stay there and not advance the quest. So if I wanted to complete the next stage of the quest I would have to restart the client to get my sound and continue the quest chain.

I tried reinstalling the game, just in case something was messed up in the download, but that didn't help. Downloaded from both Steam and the Warframe site to see if it had something to do with one of those. Still no help. 

So, now I'm stuck on what to do to get this issue to stop.

Edited by Remel

No, it was auto set to a specific setting, can't remember which one it was, when I went into audio settings. I tried to put it to default to see if it would fix it, but the problem still persisted. 

I could try messing with the other audio options after work to see if that will help.

My only question about the audio thing is, why would the audio just being cut off keep the Lotus/Ordis pictures on the screen and not allow my quest chain to progress unless it's a client side issue?