The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Useful Frames I Found.

Waagabondh

Its a matter of taste. I like Saryn over every other warframe.

The beautify with Warframe is that every frame is good. There are none that is bad.

But the simple practical truth is that melee weapons do more damage then ranged weapons.

To melee great you need speed.

Loki have 1.6 sprint speed, add in rush.

Invisibility boost melee damage to 150% with normal attacks, 200% on charged attacks.

Invisibility lasts 40% longer then Ashe version. It costs more energy, but Loki have a much higher energy pool.

Decoy is also a great taunt.

If you are focused on ranged weapons, any frame do the trick, banshee doing great.

Another heavy melee frame is excalibur. That #1 is probably the best damage dealing #1 ability in game. And his #4 have huge reach, and is just superb.

Not to mention its cheap and a great way to travel fast with.

Pick the frame you want to play, for sure.

For new players wondering what to pick, new players that want to maybe invest in new frames.

I recomend Excalibur or Loki. If you buy a founders package, pick Loki as you get excalibur prime.

And as a bundle, buy the Female Warframe bundle as you get Trinity, Ember and Mag. for the price of Trinity and Ember if you buy them seperate.

And Mag is honestly not a bad frame. But Trinity and Ember is great.

And for damage: Melee weapons does the most, as it should considering you need to be close ranged compared to ranged weapons.

But Loki with his speed or excalibur with his distance closer that also does huge damage, is just great here. Ashe as well.

For ranged: Lets face it, its seldom long range encounters. Best weapon in game I have to say is Hekk. It have long enough range that you should seldom find targets longer away, and it belongs to the shot gun series which is the hardest hitting close range weapons in game.

Strun or Hekk, you cant go wrong.

Get a Kraken as pistol which works great in close and long range encounters.

Forget Lex. Its great for sniping but kraken does this well also, but kraen is much better at close range encounters then Lex, by miles.

If you got a heavy modded Trick Mag, I recomend atleast 60% extra ammo, then by all means get a pair of afuris.

Just be prepared to run dry despite the extra ammo. But its fun to use and very effective.

If you aren't using the Gram then you are doing it wrong.

Also I find the lack of Banshee disturbing. 

Sonicboom is hilarious, and useful for CC, plus it has pretty nasty range with a stretch mod

Sonar is powerful to the point of being pretty much broken, only downside is having to hit small mobing targets and its fairly short duration.

SoundQuake will one shot most minions up until level 45. After which it becomes an 8 second long stunlock for everything. 

Gram is great for many frames.

For Loki you want to maximize your damage potential during invisibility.

And here Gram does not even come close to Dual Zoren.

You will have done 3 charged attacks with Dual zoren while you are doing 1 with Gram, even with Grams fast charged attacks.

And you will have hit approx 5-7 normal attacks with dual zoren while you swing once.

And given the fact that 2 hits from dual zoren is same or more then 1 hit from gram, its easy to do the math.

Do not forget 30% innate crit rate on Dual Zoren and triple damage on crits, double on charge crits.

Take into account invisibility 150% damage on normal attacks and 200% on charge attacks.

And no sir, if you are not using Dual Zoren on Loki you are doing it wrong.

Gram or any other melee weapon is great and on any other frame.

But to maximize damage on loki during invisibility, you want fast hitting, fast charging weapons.

And Gram is definately NOT one of those.

PS: I use a maxed out Reach as well with the zorens. 60% reach on dual zorens...Gram just can not beat this.

Smoke screen gives Ash 50% extra damage with melee weapons on normal attacks, and 100% on charged attacks, for 2/4 or 6 seconds.

Smoke screen takes 1 second to cast.

Lokis invisibility last 6/8 or 10 seconds.

He does 150% damage with normal attacks and 200% on charge attacks, with melee weapons.

Loki can use Decoy with an inbuilt taunt.

Loki also have a heavy damage #4 vs infested

So tell me again what it is that Ashe does better then Loki?

Ashe does not even come close to Loki when it comes to damage, Ashe have better armor and more hitpoints, and he have shurikens. Thats it:-)

If you want to tell me that Loki gets higher damage multipliers than Ash while invisible, you are just wrong.

Both get EXTRA 50% on normal, 100% damage on charged attacks. That leads to 150%, 200% actual damage.

The only difference between their skills is the duration, energy consumption, activation time and the fact that

Lokis Invisibility does not apply to the sentinel. And of course the stagger effect from Smoke Screen.

I see no reason why "Invisibility" should be far superior to "Smoke Screen".

For me its Ember, the only one I wont sell. Spent my 1st 40hrs with the loki, like the speed like the decoy and invisiblity. Didn't like the lack of damaging abilities.

Ember, shes slow but I like how much of a sort of tanky spellslinger she is...that and I love killing infested.

If you want to tell me that Loki gets higher damage multipliers than Ash while invisible, you are just wrong.

Both get EXTRA 50% on normal, 100% damage on charged attacks. That leads to 150%, 200% actual damage.

The only difference between their skills is the duration, energy consumption, activation time and the fact that

Lokis Invisibility does not apply to the sentinel. And of course the stagger effect from Smoke Screen.

I see no reason why "Invisibility" should be far superior to "Smoke Screen".

Loki gets 150% damage on normal attacks, 200% on charged attacks during invisiblity.

Ashe recieve 50% damage on normal attacks and 100% damage on Charged attacks.

No they do not get the same bonus while invisible.

Lokis invisible lasts longer and despite the sentinel still showing does not affect him and he is still not seen, not attacked.

Even if they recieved similar, the fact is that Ashe takes 1 second casting animation and it lasts much shorter.

Lokis invisibility is better then Ashes.

Ashe Shurikens are great vs infested, no doubt. He runs fast. And is a great frame.

But for raw damage output Loki still wins. 10 second lasting invisibility where he with a 100% only, flow mod, will sit at more then 450 energy, means he can simply use it more then Ashe.

I know Ashe is suppose to be the king of melee and yaddi yadda. he costs 375 platinum compared to Lokis 75 and being a starter frame.

But the fact is that Loki is a better melee damage dealer then Ashe, hands down.

Ashe got more HP and more Armor, Loki does more damage and have better skills.

For me its Ember, the only one I wont sell. Spent my 1st 40hrs with the loki, like the speed like the decoy and invisiblity. Didn't like the lack of damaging abilities.

Ember, shes slow but I like how much of a sort of tanky spellslinger she is...that and I love killing infested.

Lokis Invisibility is a passive damaging ability. In order to use it you need to focus on melee. He does insane melee damage during invisibilty, and it does not break after one attack, which some might think. He stays invisible for 10 seconds and can attack during this time full out.

Lokis #4 ability does damage vs infested.

But no he lacks direct damage abilities but he does not need them, Loki IS Damage.

Ember is a great frame, of of the strongest and one of my favorites as well.

Better tank then Rhino and Frost combined in Infested missions.

Lokis Invisibility is a passive damaging ability. In order to use it you need to focus on melee. He does insane melee damage during invisibilty, and it does not break after one attack, which some might think. He stays invisible for 10 seconds and can attack during this time full out.

Lokis #4 ability does damage vs infested.

But no he lacks direct damage abilities but he does not need them, Loki IS Damage.

Ember is a great frame, of of the strongest and one of my favorites as well.

Better tank then Rhino and Frost combined in Infested missions.

Yeah I knew this, never used radial disarm more than once. It was easier to decoy and shoot them.

Smoke screen gives Ash 50% extra damage with melee weapons on normal attacks, and 100% on charged attacks, for 2/4 or 6 seconds.

Smoke screen takes 1 second to cast.

Lokis invisibility last 6/8 or 10 seconds.

He does 150% damage with normal attacks and 200% on charge attacks, with melee weapons.

Loki can use Decoy with an inbuilt taunt.

Loki also have a heavy damage #4 vs infested

So tell me again what it is that Ashe does better then Loki?

Ashe does not even come close to Loki when it comes to damage, Ashe have better armor and more hitpoints, and he have shurikens. Thats it:-)

Its Ash. Without the @(*()$ e.

this seems to be a min-maxer's post.

you make a good case for Loki, but i honestly bought my Frost with platinum, simply because i LOVE ice spells in ANY game i enjoy playing, and Frost has a badass longcoat.

Frost brings Snowglobe, thats it. Not a bad ability but not required.

Vaub brings nothing. Teslas are good and Vaub #4 is good, but he does not bring anything special.

Vs Infested missions Ember is the number #1 damage dealer, with Loki running around fast taking care of ancients and Trinity keeping the balance.

You already lost a lot of cred in this thread, but right here... right here you lost it all.

You're entitled to your opinions but don't pretend they are anything but. Vauban has a skill that makes all infested completely irrelevant and you repeatedly mention how some frames are only that useful in defense maps (which is one of the only places in the game with any real difficulty) and outright ignore their benefits and how powerful their skills really are when used correctly.

Edited by Bakim0n0

Loki gets 150% damage on normal attacks, 200% on charged attacks during invisiblity.

No they do not get the same bonus while invisible.

Lokis invisible lasts longer and despite the sentinel still showing does not affect him and he is still not seen, not attacked.

Even if they recieved similar, the fact is that Ashe takes 1 second casting animation and it lasts much shorter.

Lokis invisibility is better then Ashes.

Ashe Shurikens are great vs infested, no doubt. He runs fast. And is a great frame.

But for raw damage output Loki still wins. 10 second lasting invisibility where he with a 100% only, flow mod, will sit at more then 450 energy, means he can simply use it more then Ashe.

I know Ashe is suppose to be the king of melee and yaddi yadda. he costs 375 platinum compared to Lokis 75 and being a starter frame.

But the fact is that Loki is a better melee damage dealer then Ashe, hands down.

Ashe got more HP and more Armor, Loki does more damage and have better skills.

Where do you get this information? Wiki? It clearly states that they recieve the same amount of bonus damage.

And this is according to my tests also correctly.

Maybe its a mathematical problem on your side. Why do you always compare/write down the ACTUAL damage done for

one frame, and then the BONUS damage for the other one?

That IS the same! A gain at 50% leads to 150%! A gain at 100% leads to 200%

They both deal 150% actual damage on normal slash attacks, and 200% on charged attacks while invisible.

No, you are wrong Sir.

As I previously pointed out, the OP is not nearly as experienced as they think they are.

To try to suggest that the zorans have competitive dps to the gram or any heavy actually is a bit silly (zoran have about half the charge time and a quarter of the charge damage) but on top of that he suggests there is a difference between un-alerted mechanics between frames is a repeatedly proven falsehood.

Can Loki solo 20-30 waves on Pluto?

To be fair, on Palus? Yes, absolutely. On Outer Terminus? Doubtful... maybe for a very very very very highly skilled player who made no mistakes.

As I previously pointed out, the OP is not nearly as experienced as they think they are.

To try to suggest that the zorans have competitive dps to the gram or any heavy actually is a bit silly (zoran have about half the charge time and a quarter of the charge damage) but on top of that he suggests there is a difference between un-alerted mechanics between frames is a repeatedly proven falsehood.

To be fair, on Palus? Yes, absolutely. On Outer Terminus? Doubtful... maybe for a very very very very highly skilled player who made no mistakes.

I´m not sure,if it is bug,but I noticed,when I soloed that most enemies completely ignored Decoy and rushed straight to the pod.

Recently acquired nyx and i have to say it has become one of my most favourite warframes due to her ability of chaos. Oh the relief of watching the enemies kill themselves, save me ammo and the worry of having to fight so many.

What about nyx? She has most useful power for high level enemies, chaos=win. If you dont have nyx for high defense waves then you have bad group setup. Btw, talking about what frame is best is not hitting the point here. You can take volt, forma it to death ( burn 6 forma on him ), mod it to your liking and and be God in this game. It is all about playstyle, not about frames. You can have Loki tho and still be S#&$ty player, as 80-90% of Loki players are. This game is to easy on missions that we have availible atm, only defense is challenge (on higher levels ) so whatever you use for normal missions will be fine.

What about nyx? She has most useful power for high level enemies, chaos=win. If you dont have nyx for high defense waves then you have bad group setup. Btw, talking about what frame is best is not hitting the point here. You can take volt, forma it to death ( burn 6 forma on him ), mod it to your liking and and be God in this game. It is all about playstyle, not about frames. You can have Loki tho and still be S#&$ty player, as 80-90% of Loki players are. This game is to easy on missions that we have availible atm, only defense is challenge (on higher levels ) so whatever you use for normal missions will be fine.

Exactly... To say x frame is only useful on defense maps is really just saying x frame is only useful when it actually matters what frame you bring.

I´m not sure,if it is bug,but I noticed,when I soloed that most enemies completely ignored Decoy and rushed straight to the pod.

I have the opposite experience. When I pop decoy even enemies from other exists runs straight for it.

Now this is in infested missions, where infested behaves as such.

I had all frames to 30 with all rare mods possible and majority of weapons before I decided to reset, simply cause after mixing with majority of frames I found that I honestly had wasted alot on frames and weapons that is not required, and the game was a tad dull, so I did not mind starting over.

In Grinear and Corpus missions Decoy will not be as good.

He decoy and shoot them come on... everyone knows it ....

He decoy and shoot them come on... everyone knows it ....

This.

For pistols I have potatoed and heavily modded dual broncos.

Meleeing toxic ancients is a big no no:-)

I mainly mean defence as normal missions is rather easy.

And as I said, majority of frames is good, warframe have a nice balance.

But Loki, as a starting frame you can pick, is very strong.

You can pick many frames in this game, farm for many, pay for them all, but you can also get very cheap away if you spend platinum, by just getting Loki and buying the Female warframe bundle.

This is my main point.

Also that melee damage do more damage then distance weapons, which is quite normal.

And in order to maximize this you need speed, which Loki or Ashe brings, and above all, their invisibility further enchances this, where Lokis is better then Ashe.

And for infested missions, A maxed out decoy survive redicilously long, cost very little, and you can easy choke in infested for massive damage from other frames such as ember.