Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking Ping Limit Setting Has No Effect

Rydiak

I have my Matchmaking Ping Limit setting to its lowest possible of 100 ms, and yet I still repeatedly get the laggiest hosts that have ever been on the internet. Sure I've gotten a few games that are perfectly lag free, but the vast majority of this game has been Solo or Private with friends due to nearly every public player having a connection based from Antarctica.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=148904442

Are there any plans for in-game host voting, or forcing host migration, if a game is unplayable due to lag? It is fun dumping an entire magazine into an enemy, only to have them continue to run up to you invincible until several seconds later when they disappear.

Hasn't this been discussed before?  I'll swear I read somewhere that they had or were going to introduce host-migration if one of the players had a substantially lower ping than the current host.  (That prolly wouldn't do much for an underpowered CPU or GPU, but...)

The last game I was in I believe was a case of insufficient PC power for the host. Out of combat pickups and environmental interactions were instantaneous, but the second any formidable enemy force showed up everything that was fine before would now crawl to a snail's pace.

Hasn't this been discussed before?  I'll swear I read somewhere that they had or were going to introduce host-migration if one of the players had a substantially lower ping than the current host.  (That prolly wouldn't do much for an underpowered CPU or GPU, but...)

I hope they fix the lost resource bug after host migration then, or I doubt I'll play online anymore.

I almost feel like this limit only applies to games that you host... and the ping of those joining your games.

I say that because ever since I lowered my limit way down ... missions that I start solo - but open for others to join - I often finish before anyone else ever joins.