Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Puncture Mod Needs Tweaking (?)

Waudozer

I was wondering why did DE nerfed it to less then a meter even at it's max and it's cost for slot is high what do you guys think ?

underwhelming?

personally i'd be happy if they buff x2 range it so it can go up to 1.2 meter in total

that seems pretty fair to me since it's just an effect

more like high velo hollow point rounds.

thanks for reading though.

Agreed, I equipped my puncture mods thinking that I wouldn't need armor piercing anymore, as if the projectiles travel through the enemy, therefore ignoring armor. This is really not the case, and apart from the novelty of being able to hit enemies standing behind each other when the mod is maxed, there's no other purpose. (well the passing through grineer shield thing is pretty cool.)

Edited by sushidubya

The Puncture Mod' purpose is to shoot through cover and that's it. Before when mods had random stats you ended up with some puncture mods that went a bit too far and you could end up with a gun that could kill several enemies with just single burst of fire which pretty much negated the use of your powers, or at least seriously tone the use down. Hell, it was so cheesy that i would just move forward and shoot in the general direction of where i knew enemies took cover and completely shoot through a whole box or support beam, kill the enemy, and just continue on. Now with the ranks DE has more control over what a mod can do and they tuned it to what they want the use to be, which is, again, just to shoot through cover.

Yes, the mod costs a lot but not every mod needs to be ranked to max level, this mod can function fine with just a few ranks in.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I used to have a 3.1 meter on my gorgon before update 7...I could stand on the other side of the map and know everything was dead because the walls were now pointless. I could stand on the other side of two boxes and shoot the boss on the other side. Now I can only shoot through certain doors.

10 meters was too much. But 0.6 meters is not enough. Given a cost of 15 points, just being able to shoot through cover is not enough. It should be around 1.5 to 2meters or only cost 8 or 9 energy points.

Right now, it's too expensive for its strength or too weak for its cost.